Thread: Hey, It's Sunday. Almost Autumn, 2021

Hey, It's Sunday. Almost Autumn, 2021

It's already late September -- in a few days it will be autumn!

This coming week is an "off" week for me. I came back from my trip to Death Valley and other parks and went straight into teaching a course, so this week will be the time I get to review all the photos I took. I'm fortunate to have gone when I did, as more fires have started, and the ongoing heat and drought in California isn't helping any. Sequoia National Park is closed now, and I saw a photo of fire service workers wrapping a fire protection "blanket" around the General Sherman tree. It's weathered fires before, but this is just a helping hand for a tree that has been growing since Christ was a child.

My guitar playing has improved a lot since this whole Covid thing started. I'm delighted with how I keep learning new things, and the benefit of having a guitar within arm's reach at any time has certainly paid off. I'm expecting (hoping) to hear that my custom guitar is ready, so it's like waiting for Santa Claus! In the mean time, my Taylor GS Mini is simply my favorite, and it sits next to me on the couch beckoning me always. I frequently respond.

Happy Sunday, everyone. I know this place has quieted down a bit, but I still check in daily. I hope you do, too.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Hey, It's Sunday. Almost Autumn, 2021

I too still check in here almost daily to see who is still an active member.

It looks like it’s going to be an absolutely beautiful day here on the western shore of Lake Michigan with temps in the mid 80° range and blue skies making it a great time for cruisin’ on the Harley. I can’t believe that the trees are already starting to show their fall colors.

I still check in daily, though I’m sad about the place being so empty.

The air is crisp and dry here in New England today. Perfect for a late summer motorcycle ride!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

My mother is selling her knitting at a local craft fair/arts festival this weekend. We'll go visit her and hit the food trucks later. It looks like a beautiful day for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    My mother is selling her knitting at a local craft fair/arts festival this weekend. We'll go visit her and hit the food trucks later. It looks like a beautiful day for that!

Sounds like there will be some tasty hot dogs there!

I suddenly remembered the Hollis Flea Market today, I haven't been in a couple years. But I still don't have a car to get there. I wish I could be one of those oblivious people who fecklessly drive unregistered uninspected cars, and whine when they get caught, and then keep doing it.

Going to make some noise today while my brother is out to a baseball game, then get outside while it's nice out. I'm really noticing the shortening days and the changing angles as well. I have a new house to learn its sunrise ... er, uh, I'm never up that early so never mind ... sunset patterns

Actually, speaking of that, my current diurnal pattern needs to be adjusted. I'm a freaking night owl these days, up until 3 and sleeping until 11. It could be worse, go to bed at 11 and wake at 3. I was like that for a while and it was dreadful, I was napping 3,4,5 times a day.

we were gifted with power equipment from a friend who's moving to Florida. A snowblower, ride on mower and a gas powered weed whacker. We have a nice 40v weed whacker so my nephew is taking the gas one. I can mow the lawn with a tractor so I'm psyched. Hope it has a plow hitch, that's faster for small amounts of snow that don't need a blower.

12 days to Demolition start. I'm trying to figure out what size dumpster to get. There were two 12x22 paneled rooms and a 3/4th bath. There's an 11x22 drop ceiling and the rest was sheet rocked ... groan. That's going to be so damn messy. The foil backed insulation is going to go. I want this done by Halloween. Meanwhile I start saving for tools and materials for the music room. After the demolition is done, the electrical should be done before any new construction gets in the way. That may have to wait until March when my brother gets his commission check.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Sounds like there will be some tasty hot dogs there!
    Boiled hot dogs. Not really my thing. My wife had one though. I had an awesome spicy noodle bowl then a brisket sandwich later. I left no room for an evening dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Boiled hot dogs. Not really my thing. My wife had one though. I had an awesome spicy noodle bowl then a brisket sandwich later. I left no room for an evening dinner!
    I like spicy noodles too. They opened a Ramen restaurant here the other day. Pretty cool.

Did some online calculators, figured a 30 yard dumpster would fit the bill. Tried a few places, most were 10 days and 25 each day after. I was looking for a longer rental. Got a call from Cleveland, OH. Really? Voicemail showed it was one of the places I emailed for a quote. Calling back on a Sunday.

Got a 30 yarder for 15 days at the price of 10, plus a 95 dollar discount, and 25 per day after 15. Be delivered Oct 1. woot !
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I like spicy noodles too. They opened a Ramen restaurant here the other day. Pretty cool.
    Real authentic ramen is an amazing experience. There's a few places around here that are excellent, most especially on a cold, raw evening. Forget that Top ramen crap for a quarter a pack, that's got as much relationship to the real thing as Guitar Hero video game has to playing Madison Square Garden (or insert legendary venue here.)
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

These were thick, chewy udon noodles with chicken, kimchi and the sauce was spicy enough to have a little kick.