Thread: How is the live music scene impacted where you live?

How is the live music scene impacted where you live?

Here in Delaware it seems to be trying to become normal but the impact has been felt. In many cases people are wary... in others....caution to the wind. We are playing but not like before and honestly can't keep taking less to play out.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Re: How is the live music scene impacted where you live?

It's complicated.

Some venues and bands here insist in playing, but not us. Our bassist almost died, spent weeks under IC, I got sick, the drummer got sick... And none of us was uncautious. We stopped gigging right away when this shitstorm started to get here.

IMHO, and YMMV, it is just not safe yet. People say they will respect the sanitary protocols, but what you see happening is masks off, agglomeration and all that.

It's painful because there is a whole market of musicians, venues and all, being affected.

Btw: https://pitchfork.com/news/neil-youn...d-19-concerns/

still seeing mostly solo acts outside during the warm weather outdoor eating season. Last saw an actual band by accident back in March. Need to contact the bartender/guitar player and find out if they have a non-facebook way to keep in touch.

as far as being able to expect to go out on any given Thur/Fri/Sat night and find a band somewhere without planning, that still isn't happening yet. Most shows have been daytime benefits, like on a Sunday afternoon. There's one this weekend, I hope I can get a ride there. I was going broke from paying Uber, it's convenient but not cheap. Not having a car really sucks. There's no public transit on Sundays and none at all where the venue is.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

On Monday, my wife and I saw Eric Clapton live at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth. I have no problem setting aside his comments on lockdowns and vaccines, because I've spent a lifetime reading about rock stars saying, um, curious things. (On the flip side, I don't pay all that much attention to the musical opinions of health experts and politicians.) But it was absolutely fantastic to finally be at an actual rock concert once again with 14,000 fellow Texans.

TFF Stage Crew

It depends on where you are at in my state: anywhere near Seattle (or along the I-5 corridor, for the most part) there's a great number of people still in the grip of hysteria. You get over the mountains or even just out of King County & folks have resumed normal life.
    For example, the band I'm in did our first gig in over 18 months on July 4th in Cle Elum. The only person I saw wearing a mask was our very own Evergreen College educated bass player. Even he took it off after an hour or so