Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The (Late) Sunday Thread for September 12

  1. #1
    Forum Member OldStrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,736

    The (Late) Sunday Thread for September 12

    The board is so quiet. Everyone must be out of town today...

    I was out of town, too. I arrived home flying the red-eye out of Los Angeles, and after unpacking, went to sleep for an hour or so. I had to get up and buy some food, so I loaded the washer and completed my chores. Turned on the baseball game and stretched out for another nap. I have a full week of work facing me, so by tomorrow morning I hope to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

    The triple-whammy of extreme heat, California wildfires and COVID-related shutdowns made the trip dicey at times, but I credit the trip leaders for being able to adjust and keep things moving. I shot something like 235 photographs in Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite and Death Valley National Parks. All of California's national forests were closed the day before I left, but fortunately, we weren't prevented from driving through a few. COVID also caused the closure of visitor centers and lack of help shut down restaurants and facilities, but we soldiered on.

    My goal was to see Death Valley, so another item crossed off my bucket list.

    But a week without playing guitar. I sat down earlier and picked up my Taylor (it needed tuning) and smiled for about thirty minutes. It made me feel good to be back.

    Where is everyone?
    Striving to be ordinary

    Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

  2. #2
    Forum Member Laker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    On da lakeshore in Wisconsinski
    Posts
    1,107

    Re: The (Late) Sunday Thread for September 12

    Where are all the friends who I usually see here? We had a great weekend with finally managing to put a few hours of highway miles on the Harley by spending ten hours of riding time visiting friends and enjoying life.

  3. #3
    Forum Member DanTheBluesMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    4,072

    Re: The (Late) Sunday Thread for September 12

    been a quiet day for me until about a half hour ago. first thing I saw this morning that a friend who had been battling cancer for the last 5-6 years passed away last night.

    Brought all my guitars to the basement today. Really liking how my Princeton Reverb sounds through the 4x12 cab, even if it's only using 2 speakers at a time. Waiting on the extra speaker cables to arrive and then I'm going daisy chain the Princetons and run all 4 twelves. Can't wait to hear what that sounds like.

    Football beckons. Hunger is scratching at my door, need to satisfy it.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

  4. #4
    Forum Member gibsonjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bloomfield, CT
    Posts
    6,376

    Re: The (Late) Sunday Thread for September 12

    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    been a quiet day for me until about a half hour ago. first thing I saw this morning that a friend who had been battling cancer for the last 5-6 years passed away last night.

    Brought all my guitars to the basement today. Really liking how my Princeton Reverb sounds through the 4x12 cab, even if it's only using 2 speakers at a time. Waiting on the extra speaker cables to arrive and then I'm going daisy chain the Princetons and run all 4 twelves. Can't wait to hear what that sounds like.

    Football beckons. Hunger is scratching at my door, need to satisfy it.
    Tried to message you but your inbox is full
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Forum Member gibsonjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bloomfield, CT
    Posts
    6,376

    Re: The (Late) Sunday Thread for September 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Where are all the friends who I usually see here? We had a great weekend with finally managing to put a few hours of highway miles on the Harley by spending ten hours of riding time visiting friends and enjoying life.
    several of us are taking a break from here.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Forum Member phantomman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona
    Posts
    5,926

    Re: The (Late) Sunday Thread for September 12

    Seems like the forum's last gasp.

    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

  7. #7
    Forum Member Sérgio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ever heard of José Carioca?
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: The (Late) Sunday Thread for September 12

    Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Seems like the forum's last gasp.


    Sadly, so it seems.

    We all fought hard to keep this place, but nobody really posts much and lately threads have got ugly pretty fast, with members banned or angry.

    All things must pass, I guess.

  8. #8
    Forum Member OldStrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,736

    Re: The (Late) Sunday Thread for September 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Sadly, so it seems.

    We all fought hard to keep this place, but nobody really posts much and lately threads have got ugly pretty fast, with members banned or angry.

    All things must pass, I guess.
    Shame. I was hoping this would be the first place I'd post photos of my new custom made guitar. It's not here yet, but it's getting close.
    Striving to be ordinary

    Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •