Thread: Labor Day Weekend Sunday 2021

Labor Day Weekend Sunday 2021

a rather chilly damp start today. spotty showers all day, it looks like. Man, did we get a lot of rain from Ida, but nothing drastic like NY or NJ or PA.

I got a lot done this week. I moved a bunch of stuff around in the basement, set up a card table, unpacked my amps, ran an extension cord from the lone properly wired outlet on the other end of the basement. Tweaked the truss rod on my CV50 Tele, probably the first time I played it since we moved. Got started on the mountain of paperwork. Eased off on the eating out and doing more at home. Re-arranged my office. Been watching a bunch of Hulu at night.

It was a good start, now to keep going. My goal is to be ready to start demolition by Oct 1.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Labor Day Weekend Sunday 2021

We have an absolutely beautiful early September day that started off with taking the Harley out for breakfast with our friends. You can’t complain about bright blue, cloudless skies, with temps in the low seventies…it just doesn’t get much better! There’s a good movie in the DVD player (yeah, I’m old school and refuse to pay for streaming, or cable, or any of that pay to view crap) and the backbar has eleven different scotches on the shelves. Hey, I just found rodeo with bull riding on the deck of an aircraft carrier! Is that cool or what??

I've totally lost track of time and what day it is. Which is the point, actually!

I'm in central California, away from the Internet and soaking in the glory of God's creation. Yesterday it was Sequoia National Park and today Kings Canyon. Tomorrow begins a two night stay in Yosemite, and then on to the final visit: Death Valley.

Reminders of the raging wildfires are present, but not oppressive. California has closed all the national forests, but the parks remain open. Coming down from 7,000 feet into the valley one can see a smoky pall , but higher up the skies have been cloudless and brilliant blue. The giant trees that have been growing since the time of Christ are oblivious to it all.

I haven't heard or seen any news, and that too, is the point. I'm packing now for my departure from Fresno. Lots of hiking, some photographs, good food, and interesting company. I needed this vacation!

Stay well, everyone.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Spent a few days visiting friends in Saco, Maine. They have a beautiful place on the bay and it was just a stellar few days. Reality is setting back in, though... will have to work later this week.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain