Thread: The Sunday "Dog Days of August" Thread for 8/8

The Sunday "Dog Days of August" Thread for 8/8

Well, here it is Sunday again, and I feel like the official Sunday thread starter... It's not that early in the morning today, folks!

We had some really terrific weather last week, but I'm told we're going to have a seven day heat wave starting today, so I'm preparing mentally. I will be teaching this week, so I'll be indoors during the heat of the day, so that makes it slightly more acceptable. So, as I do before every teaching week, I'll be taking it easy today, kind of like the actor before he goes on stage.

Nothing new in the guitar realm; I haven't heard anything recently about my custom guitar build, so I'll touch base with Steve and get an update. Otherwise, it's quiet. It's the lazy, hazy days of summer for me. How about you?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Sunday "Dog Days of August" Thread for 8/8

I got up at 3:45 this morning and managed to catch the last quarter of the women’s Olympic basketball game with the USA team winning the gold medal. It was a nice way to start a rainy, gloomy Sunday here in Wisconsin behind the cheddar curtain.

Hope all have a great day!

Dealing with tendonitis and carpal tunnel. Can't play for a bit, at least not over five minutes at a time, and then only if I don't have to bend the wrist or stretch fingers too much.

I might be landing a job this coming week. I'm in desperate need for work. If it weren't for the hands, I'd go to Manpower. I'd scream in pain to have to lift anything. I'm writing this post vocally, through Siri. (copy paste)

It's a sales position, and I internalized the info OA told me about selling big ticket items. It actually helped to land me two jobs, both of which I couldn't accept for health reasons.

I built a second tier for my studio on Friday and Saturday. It looks like a narrow work bench. I have a narrow desk, regular desk hight. Then the table just a foot away is about 6" taller. There I have my monitor speakers, big screen monitor, and processors. The cables all go down in the space between the table and my desk. Then, I was able to fit my behind the bracing on the back of the table and use that space for room to play. I've mad sure that even if the tubes overheat and pop, the amp is far enough away for safety.

I'd post a pic, but my work is so rough. I learned a lot about building a table by making this simple one.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

last week was pretty much a throw away to the computers. But I now have Logic Pro X on both my machines. I more or less have access to all my old documents, just some have to take a couple extra steps the first time I reopen them under the new regime. I'm even thinking of getting another interface (USB-C) for the M1 mini.

Now I got to buckle down and get some administration stuff done with the paperwork that I've pretty much ignored for months. Still waiting to get the car re-titled and registered, insured, inspected so I have wheels again. Uber is not cheap. I did learn how to make a reservation with them last night, though. A driver had told me that reservations get priority over spontaneous calls. My next magic trick will to make more than one stop on the same trip. Stay tuned for that exciting development

picked up a guitar the other day, first time in about a week. That Deluxe makes me smile whenever I play it. If I were to consolidate to just one guitar per model, that Deluxe, the CV70 Strat and the CV50 Tele would suit me just fine for solid body electrics. Maybe a Flying V someday, just because.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"