Thread: Fender 75th Anniversary Custom Pro Reverb-Amp & Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster

Forum Member

Fender 75th Anniversary Custom Pro Reverb-Amp & Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster

Hello Fender-Forum-Members,

this is my first posting here :-)

I signed in because I just bought these two beautiful Amp & guitar and I can't stop getting crazy about it!

Best regards & peace for all
    Martin

Re: Fender 75th Anniversary Custom Pro Reverb-Amp & Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocas

Welcome to The Fender Forum!

That 75th Anniversary Strat is a thing of beauty. I really liked them when Fender came out with them. How do the pair sound? Will we see you tearing up the stage any time soon?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Fender 75th Anniversary Custom Pro Reverb-Amp & Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocas

what year was the 75th anniversary?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    what year was the 75th anniversary?
    Fender started 1946, so the 75th Anniversary was 2021.

For Sound please watch the Youtube-Video! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rudkowski View Post
    Fender started 1946, so the 75th Anniversary was 2021.

For Sound please watch the Youtube-Video! :-)
    Nice playing Martin! I have the 50th anniversary American Strat, but I don't think there's anything special about it, except for a little sticker on the back of the headstock.

"When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Since we're all about anniversary editions, I have the following:

1994 40th Anniversary Aluminum-bodied Stratocaster (Purple Marble)
    2004 50th Anniversary MIM Stratocaster (Aztec Gold)
    2006 60th Anniversary Telecaster (#531 of 1,000) - The one in my avatar

(Sorry about the lousy pictures, I just quickly grabbed them from my Reverb collection)

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Great strat!!

Forum Member

2004 Atztec Gold is awesome! Like the Pickguard and Color!

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

The essence of "tasty" and "tasteful"!

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

thanxs man! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post

Nice playing Martin! I have the 50th anniversary American Strat, but I don't think there's anything special about it,

except for a little sticker on the back of the headstock.

'

I've always been VERY partial to Stratocasters in 'Olympic White', as we Lefties don't get much choice, colour-wise (sighs !)

Thing here, that I find so puzzling, is

1954 was the 'birth year' of the Fender Stratocaster & even with MY ($hit) mathmatics, that makes "50-years" as "2004"

Now, back in "2004" the regular 'stock' Fender Stratocaster, was known (sold/marketed), as "The American Series"

The "American Series" (as they were marketed/known as), only EVER had "One String Tree", whereas yours has "TWO".

Block saddles (yeah, check) - ONE LONE/SINGLE STRING TREE (nope, uncheck) - Staggered tuners (posts) as in "4+2"

In 2004, the 'Staggered tuning posts" had tiny 'half-sized' posts, on the 'D,G,B,E' strings - Only the two thick strings 'E,A' were regular-sized.

Obviously I just cannot tell, seing as your (fine picture), was taken from above, angle-wise.

It may be (just) a trivial observation, but a factual one, nonetheless.

All mine ARE 'bog-standard' Made in USA (Corona-built) models - All are un-altered & mint, bought new (& in parlance, "Un-F'kd with"

The (My) up to 1999 had TWO string-trees (as standard), whilst when the "American Series" came in, they went down to "single tree"

"American Series" were produced, from around March 2000 thru till about Feb/March 2008, when it then reverted back to "Am.Standard"

All a (sad) marketing ploy, but, nonethless, I rather DO prefer the 'block saddle' as standard - Not everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine.

Lastly, incidentally - My 2000 (Black/Maple), My 2003 (Olympic White) & My 2007 (again, Olympic), are ALL "American Series" with ONE TREE

If ya check the 'Fender Frontline' catalogue(s) of that 2000-2005 spell, they all show the same - One Tree - (Lone, Single String-Tree)

Like I say, it's mere trivia, but I just wondered as to "why" yours has TWO (string trees), if indeed, it's a real 2004 model ?