Thread: NNTGD!

NNTGD!

This arrived from Sweetwater yesterday:

Back in 2019, I bought a Nashville-Tuned Taylor GS Mini from Sweetwater. After recording it on numerous tracks, I thought it would be great to have a Nashville-Tuned electric guitar as well. Last year, I bought a Lake Placid Blue Fender Squier Classic Vibe '60s Stratocaster as a travel guitar when we were staying in local Vrbo homes during peak lockdown. I was impressed by the build quality and the value for money. And I liked the 9.5 radius fretboard, which fits my hands more comfortably than the vintage-spec 7.25 radius.

This month, I asked my Sweetwater "sales engineer," if their custom shop could block the tremolo on a 6 pound, 13 ounce Classic Vibe '60s Stratocaster, cut a new nut, and string it with D'Addario High-Strung Nashville electric guitar strings. Last night, I spent a few hours DI-ing guitar to add new parts to a few of my songs, and am looking forward to processing the sound in a variety of ways.

Here's the photo I texted my wife after FedEx arrived yesterday afternoon:

Paddington gives it two paws up!

Re: NNTGD!

what's different about Nashville tuning that it needs a new nut?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Beautiful
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

TFF Stage Crew

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    what's different about Nashville tuning that it needs a new nut?
    It was strung with D'Addario High Strung/Nashville electric guitar strings: 10, 14, 9, 12, 18, 26w.

It's effectively the top six strings on a 12-string guitar. Here's a Sweetwater demo of a Nashville-tuned acoustic, where Don Carr goes plays each string individually: