Thread: More On The Beatles

More On The Beatles

It seems there is a (strange?) resurgence in interest in the Beatles lately. I'm seeing stuff on Hulu (I haven't looked specifically elsewhere). First, there is the six-part original series, "McCartney 3, 2, 1" and now I'm watching "The Beatles: Made on Merseyside" which includes snippets from the likes of Pete Best (their original drummer, for those who may have forgotten), patrons of the Cavern Club, friends of the band, Tony Bramwell (Beatles tour manager) and so on.

I keep feeling I shouldn't find this stuff fascinating, but I do.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: More On The Beatles

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    It seems there is a (strange?) resurgence in interest in the Beatles lately. I'm seeing stuff on Hulu (I haven't looked specifically elsewhere). First, there is the six-part original series, "McCartney 3, 2, 1" and now I'm watching "The Beatles: Made on Merseyside" which includes snippets from the likes of Pete Best (their original drummer, for those who may have forgotten), patrons of the Cavern Club, friends of the band, Tony Bramwell (Beatles tour manager) and so on.

I keep feeling I shouldn't find this stuff fascinating, but I do.

There's also a very good documentary in the oven (at least it hasn't been released here yet), called Get Back. It's directed by Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings).