Thread: It's The Sunday Thread for Tunisia, Lebanon, and Everywhere Else

It's The Sunday Thread for Tunisia, Lebanon, and Everywhere Else

No, this isn't another bot or penetration test, but it's a real, live human being at the keyboard ushering in and welcoming another Sunday. It's July 11, 2021.

An active weekend for me, including tomorrow (which technically isn't the weekend, but for me it's a carryover) a nice in-person get together with friends yesterday, tonight a concert with
    Clarence "The Bluesman" Turner, and my granddaughter's 8th birthday tomorrow. Tuesday, I leave for a shortened work week in Las Vegas, and back again next weekend.

Hazy, hot and humid. We're in the summer days now. I hope everyone enjoys themself today!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: It's The Sunday Thread for Tunisia, Lebanon, and Everywhere Else

the title--ha ha.

I have so many Have-to-do things, but if I get freetime, I'll either put the harness in my Ibanez Artist, or I'll work on getting my recording gear ready to go.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I have to de-sugar my house today. The doctor put me on strict orders - lose at least 20 pounds. I have some funky schnit going on with my liver and need to get things under control.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

GJ's rain looks like it's going to get here after supper tonight, monday is a wash. I might get a break after wednesday. I just want two days back to back of dry so I can get the storage area empty - providing I can get a van rental on short notice. I'm probably going to reserve one today and adjust accordingly. Back feels a lot better, no need to ding it by hurrying again.

I keep thinking of home improvement projects. A shed. A gazebo. A deck. A new bulkhead and/or relocation of same. I'm afraid my imagination exceeds my budget by quite a bit. We need to start with the interior and get the electrical up to snuff, and rip out the tragedy that is known as the 'finished' basement. I'm going to be selfish and get a music room before I take on any outside stuff, otherwise I'll never get one.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

It was another 7am call time. Rescued a cat on the way home. Paid some
    bills and trying to keep peace with the animals while I try to get the cats owner on the phone. Watching Eng vs Ita for Euro cup.
    Planning a rebuild for a couple revolvers. (1 I have parts for. The others parts should be here in a week). Still need to finish up my strat rebuild and intonate it.
    Mark

As usual, a lazy Sunday here.

Woke up late and had one of my favorite breakfasts: leftover pepperoni pizza heated until the 'crispy top and creamy in between' point and a gallon of coffee.

Spent the day mostly watching TV with my wife, then went shopping for shaving and body care stuff, where I had a most unpleasant conversation with another customer. I stopped by a drugstore to buy some Gillette shaving gel and deodorant, and paid cash. The young lady at the register made a mistake and gave me way too much change. I obviously told her and returned the due money. Then I could clearly hear the 'gentleman' behind me say 'what a dork, he just wasted a great opportunity'. I took a deep breath, turned around and said 'Sir, I'm not dishonest. Keep your opinions to yourself, will you?'. You guys can imagine how it ended.

Anyway, time for a beer and some Ravi Shankar. I ordered some 'filé ao molho madeira' for dinner and tomorrow morning I'll get back to my gym routine. Life is good.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Update. Got an eye on a guitar for a dedicated slide guitar. Sorry, it’s starts with a G, not a F.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
    Update. Got an eye on a guitar for a dedicated slide guitar. Sorry, it’s starts with a G, not a F.

make sure to include pics <3
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"