Thread: Which foot…

Which foot…

…do you step on the wah pedal with?

I’m right handed but damn, I’m unable to use a wah with my right foot. I always do it without any thinking, my left foot goes onto it and does the job. Trying to do it with the right foot feels like writing with my non dominant hand.

Re: Which foot…

Generally, my right foot. Sometimes my left- it can affect the sound in a good way to use the "wrong" foot.

I honestly don't know. It's been so long since I've used a wah pedal. I have a vintage Thomas Organ Cry Baby from Septulama or whatever the California city was. Haven't used it in probably 10 years.

Crap. I hope I took the battery out
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

For me it depends. I have 3 expression pedals onboard. 1 to the left and 2 to the right of my controller. Most of the time, if I have a wah programmed, I direct it to the left. I don’t for one effect in a patch where I run to the right along with a whammy so I can actuate both at the same time with 1 foot. Come to think of it, that may be the only patch where vol isn’t outbound right pedal.
    Mark

I may try my left foot because I'm just no good with a wah wah. It's kinda OK at times, but I never really feel the mojo. Perhaps the left foot is the ticket!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Left handed and footed when it comes to pedals. However, I play all sports right handed because that's the way I was taught. Everything else about me is lefty.

However, I lose balance, and that's the main reason before I stopped playing live that I quit using a pedal board altogether. I'd much rather have hand controls.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

TFF Stage Crew

Either

Depends, When I have a volume the right expression pedal is the volume and the and the wah the left.

With no volume I tend to put the wah on the right and and use the left pedal as a OD blender. Unless I have a autowah in the patch and then all bets are off,, so I guess it really depends on how I felt when I set up the patch.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

with my crappy eyesight, a pedal board might be a hit AND miss thing. I put my pedals on the desk when I'm recording into my computer.

One the other appendage, if I were to get a volume pedal, I'd use that on the floor. You don't really need to look at it to use it.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"