Thread: Where is Telebob?

Where is Telebob?

Getting him back in town was as hard as digging out a Pharaoh’s tomb!

What have you been up to, Mr. Feather?

Re: Where is Telebob?

Hi Sergio! Since I was last involved with this forum, a lot has changed.

If anyone actually gives a crap, here's a few things I've been doing over the past several years. Life is fun! If you're not busy living, you're busy dying.

After the Tele-Bob Jam Across America Tour in 2003, I rode a motorcycle cross country 7 years in a row stopping in several states to re-visit friends I had made and to play some more music. What a blast!

2004 to 2012 I was gigging with a cover band called The Rockaholics, subbing for a few other local bands, and studying blues with an excellent teacher.

In 2008 I had formed a small company called "Telenator Musical Electronics LLC." We made THE ONLY truly authentic repro of Fender's venerable Wide Range Humbucker in the world.
    Our pickups were so accurate, our parts were directly interchangeable with the vintage original WRHBs from the 70's and we had authentic CuNiFe threaded magnets.
    We had a very rocky relationship with some pickups manufacturers who made wild claims about being "vintage correct" when they were anything but that. We were the only company served a cease and desist order from Fender, which we promptly disposed of because it was complete fantasy, LOL.

In 2013 I invented "Ergo-Vibe," a line of guitars and basses designed for people who play in a seated position.
    A friend of mine form another forum lost the use of his legs in a motorcycle accident, and I designed the first bass for him.
    It took 8 months to design and build the first one. When it was done I gave it to him and he plays it to this day.
    In spite of rave reviews and serious marketing efforts, I couldn't give them away! LOL. The effort folded when I could no longer afford to fund it.

In 2014 I wrote a book called, "Custom Guitar Building: A New Approach for a New Era," available on Amazon as Kindle download.
    This book is the most thorough and complete guide available for those looking to build a custom guitar from ready made parts people buy on line.
    The book is also a great set-up guide for those looking to do their own adjustments.
    It was the very first book of it's kind when I wrote it, but others have since followed suit. I true labor of love. Took 8 months to write.
    5 star reviews on Amazon, the book continues to sell very well.

In 2015, I invented the world's first Official "C" hair ruler, LOL! It was an instant hit and lead the Strandly Official C hair Tape measure. Very popular items come Father's day, or any time you need to "move it just a c hair" so it will fit perfectly. The ruler is made of stainless steel and has increments of 1/64" making it perfect for guitar set-ups! Whip it Out!

2016 I moved to Vermont, from Connecticut, and basically became invisible. Vermont is a rural slum that is culturally and intellectually bankrupt. The music scene is bleak. Too many hippies. Waaaaaaaaaay too much IPA, and no one goes to work during the day. Not happy with it at all. Looking forward to being back in Connecticut soon.

Present day, I am recording songs with people who write and want help in the studio, and with producing their music. It's a lot of fun. Not gigging at all these days, and hope that will change soon.

There's a brief rundown of some life endeavors since being here so many years ago. It's nice to see a lot of the old names still here!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Le Telebob has been so often mentioned on these pages over the years that he is mythical. And yet, here you are cyber-live in the cyber-flesh! It's good to see you here.

Your pursuit of invention is interesting, and I enjoyed reading about it. Lot of get back up on the horse attitude. That's the stuff for the great American novel.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

The words I would use for Bob are creative and resilient. One back story - his band, The Rockaholics were supposed to play their final gig at my 40th high school reunion. The day of the reunion Bob called me and told me they couldn't get out of Trumbull due to heavy snow (October 25th). Turns out we had a blizzard that shut down a good chunk of the state for several days.

Bob also hooked me up with Charlie Karp and helped me record my tunes - in fact kicked my ass until I agreed to get it done. Here is the tune he played the main acoustic part on and sang harmonies... it never would have happened with out TeleBob! https://soundcloud.com/user-78574690.../sets/hartford
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    The words I would use for Bob are creative and resilient. One back story - his band, The Rockaholics were supposed to play their final gig at my 40th high school reunion. The day of the reunion Bob called me and told me they couldn't get out of Trumbull due to heavy snow (October 25th). Turns out we had a blizzard that shut down a good chunk of the state for several days.

Bob also hooked me up with Charlie Karp and helped me record my tunes - in fact kicked my ass until I agreed to get it done. Here is the tune he played the main acoustic part on and sang harmonies... it never would have happened with out TeleBob! https://soundcloud.com/user-78574690.../sets/hartford
    I still want to re-mix that tune Nick!

We had lots of fun recording it. I'm really glad you did it and was happy to be a part of it!

This is one of my recent efforts. I played the guitars bass. Lots of fun playing drop D on acoustic to add a little something to the bass line. Lot of fun recording this.

https://youtu.be/isggsxurQ_M

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    I still want to re-mix that tune Nick!

We had lots of fun recording it. I'm really glad you did it and was happy to be a part of it!

This is one of my recent efforts. I played the guitars bass. Lots of fun playing drop D on acoustic to add a little something to the bass line. Lot of fun recording this.

https://youtu.be/isggsxurQ_M

I'm looking forward to working with you and Mark soon. I've got some even better tunes I want to record. Unfortunately, Charlie's hard drive failed and the original protools files were lost for that song (NO BACKUP).GRRRRRR
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I'm looking forward to working with you and Mark soon. I've got some even better tunes I want to record. Unfortunately, Charlie's hard drive failed and the original protools files were lost for that song (NO BACKUP).GRRRRRR
    That would be great Nick. I believe Mark is going to Charlie's soon the retrieve the tracks he had worked on prior to Charlie's passing.

We've always had fun working together, and have produced some good stuff. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    That would be great Nick. I believe Mark is going to Charlie's soon the retrieve the tracks he had worked on prior to Charlie's passing.

We've always had fun working together, and have produced some good stuff. Looking forward to it.
    I have copies of all the protools files from all the other songs, hopefully there is something to work with (and they need a better mix). I'm really more interested in clearing out some of the other tunes from my head and getting them recorded.

I have copies of all the protools files from all the other songs, hopefully there is something to work with (and they need a better mix). I'm really more interested in clearing out some of the other tunes from my head and getting them recorded.
    Bob, ask Mark if he can also grab any tracks that I did with him and Later with Lucas. Lucas supposedly copied everything for me, but Mark is a little more experienced and might find something Lucas forgot.

Bob, ask Mark if he can also grab any tracks that I did with him and Later with Lucas. Lucas supposedly copied everything for me, but Mark is a little more experienced and might find something Lucas forgot.
    I'll probably be working with him Friday. We'll see what he's got.