Thread: Need Precision Bass ID help

Forum Member

Need Precision Bass ID help

I just purchased this bass today.I am 100% sure it is authentic.Just not sure what year and model.Inside the neck pocket it says march 2002,the same on the heel of the neck.The backplate says fender corona california.I removed the gold anodized pickguard and the pots say CTS and the input jack says switchcraft.Can anyone hello me ID this.I see no SN anywhere...?,,The lady I bought from, her father recently passed away and it was his.It looks like I need to use an external file poster for images.If anyone is good at ID'ing guitars like this I would be happy to email pix...Thanks again!

Re: Need Precision Bass ID help

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpio View Post
    I just purchased this bass today.I am 100% sure it is authentic.Just not sure what year and model.Inside the neck pocket it says march 2002,the same on the heel of the neck.The backplate says fender corona california.I removed the gold anodized pickguard and the pots say CTS and the input jack says switchcraft.Can anyone hello me ID this.I see no SN anywhere...?,,The lady I bought from, her father recently passed away and it was his.It looks like I need to use an external file poster for images.If anyone is good at ID'ing guitars like this I would be happy to email pix...Thanks again!
    sounds like you're closing in on the date. What numbers are on the back of the CTS pots? People here can date from the code of them.

I use imgur to post my pics. It's not perfect but it's free. I have to fudge with the URL to make it work the way I want but it's been pretty consistent.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

Re: Need Precision Bass ID help

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    sounds like you're closing in on the date. What numbers are on the back of the CTS pots? People here can date from the code of them.

I use imgur to post my pics. It's not perfect but it's free. I have to fudge with the URL to make it work the way I want but it's been pretty consistent.

I see 1732 for what its worth