Thread: The Happy Father's Day Sunday Thread for June 20, 2021

The Happy Father's Day Sunday Thread for June 20, 2021

If you are a father or have a father, then HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to you!

I hope to have dinner at my daughter's today. I'll go and buy something sweet for dessert to take over.

After some early morning exercise yesterday, I spent most of the day watching a baseball double-header (only seven inning games now, grrrr) and loading music onto my new iPod Nano. Last weekend I lost my old Nano -- at the ballpark -- so I bought a replacement off eBay and have been filling it with tunes. I like being able to carry my CDs around with me when I walk, run or bike! I'll load some more today.

Tomorrow starts a two day advanced training I'm giving. More and more are being scheduled, so OS is going to be a busy boy in the near future.

Have a great Father's Day Sunday, everyone!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Happy Father's Day Sunday Thread for June 20, 2021

It is starting as a beautiful Father’s Day Sunday but that will be changing in the early afternoon as the thunderstorms roll in.

I’ve had a 7th generation IPod nano with 85 albums (think that was the last count) loaded on it that that comes in handy when mowing the lawn or other outside projects. It spends most if its time plugged in the USB port in the car replacing the satellite radio I used to have.

Happy father's day. We're going down to the trout camp today for fishing and cookout. The kids enjoy it - although it will be too hot for trout -- the smallmouths usually cooperate pretty well. I got my grandson a new ultralight rod a few weeks ago and it will be fun to see him try it out. Yesterday we went to our first family event in over a year. My niece had her 40th birthday and her daughter graduated high school. It was great to be out in the world again. I'm working on teaching him a few knots and basic stuff - nobody taught me that stuff when I was a kid. My dad joined the closest game club but hung out talking to the other old-timers and I stayed down at the pond watching the fly fishermen do their thing. I learned a lot by watching them.

Missing my real dad (my adoptive father) - my birth father never responded when I reached out a couple years ago. The snarky part of me wanted to send him an anonymous father's day card, but then again, I really don't care.

Finger healing slowly - nerve endings on the end are weird - I always feel like I'm rubbing a wire grill brush. Scabbing is almost all gone - lots of physical therapy in need. Finger is locked up - I have trigger finger! (TeleBob- you are not alone!). Unplanned vacation this week. I was going to take the last week of June off and had no meetings scheduled because I planned well. Then the new database provider decided that is the week we are converting over. I will lose eth days if I don't use them by the 30th, so I'm off this week. Still have to attend a couple meetings - it sucks how the lines between vacation and work have blurred so much. No time to relax.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Happy Father’s Day!

not much to do today. Probably just wipe the dust off my Rickenbacker and watch TV.

Happy Father's Day: congratulations for having used your tool for something good....

My son has already texted this morning, wanting me to come early to hang out with him in Memphis. You can't get a better father's day present than having a 30 year old son to ask you to come hang out ASAP. I'm a lucky father.

My fingers and hand are almost pain free from last weekend's "save the cat" moves. But the osteoarthur in my left hand's finger joints hurts like a headache or toothache. Sickening..

However, it's a beautiful day, and a little pain is nothing when you hear the birds sing and see the sun strike gold against the Earth.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Happy Father’s Day brothers.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

happy father's day to the dads out there.

nice day here, did a little weed whacking yesterday, so far my back doesn't seem to be complaining. Trying to refrain from too much activity for just one more week but at the same time slowly start ramping up walking again. Next week, good lord willing and the creek don't rise, I resume the emptying of the last storage unit. There will be no shortage of things that need to be done, I'm going to be a busy camper for a while. A gear sell off is highly likely to be occurring in the very near future.

One more cup of coffee and then I'm going for a walk.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Spent the day on the water. A couple smallmouth bass, nothing to write home about,but a great day to be alive!

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain