Thread: 1992 Midnight wine Tele Plus

Forum Member

1992 Midnight wine Tele Plus

Know this is a wide subject, but would anyone have an idea of it's value. Thanks.

Re: 1992 Midnight wine Tele Plus

are you looking to buy one or sell one? Why does that matter? Easy, sellers are trying to maximize their yield, buyers are trying to get a better deal.

Got any pictures of the guitar? Condition is paramount in valuation. Originality (no changed out parts) matters. Next up is desirability. That guitar is from an era where the weights were often fairly high, the necks were often of the thinner, flat back variety i.e. shredder style. Lace Sensor pickups. 6 saddle block style bridge. probably a flat bridge plate. Some people like them, purists tend to be ambivalent about them at best.

I wasn't into Teles back then like I am now. I don't know if the Tele Plus had a range of pickups like the Strat Plus did, but it would not surprise me.

So prove to us that you are not a neural learning network bot (we've been getting a lot of those lately). Skynet seems to think we're the key to their taking over the world
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    are you looking to buy one or sell one? Why does that matter? Easy, sellers are trying to maximize their yield, buyers are trying to get a better deal.

Got any pictures of the guitar? Condition is paramount in valuation. Originality (no changed out parts) matters. Next up is desirability. That guitar is from an era where the weights were often fairly high, the necks were often of the thinner, flat back variety i.e. shredder style. Lace Sensor pickups. 6 saddle block style bridge. probably a flat bridge plate. Some people like them, purists tend to be ambivalent about them at best.

I wasn't into Teles back then like I am now. I don't know if the Tele Plus had a range of pickups like the Strat Plus did, but it would not surprise me.

So prove to us that you are not a neural learning network bot (we've been getting a lot of those lately). Skynet seems to think we're the key to their taking over the world
    I'am for real, Thinking about selling it. Hasn't been played it much, getting up in age, no one in family interested, have a couple others I play. Could email picrures. Thanks for the response.

You'd likely get a better range of responses if you posted pictures here. Don't know how? Here's a tutorial: https://www.thefenderforum.com/forum/showthread.php?51700-TUTORIAL-How-To-Post-Photos-on-TFF
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I had an '88/'89 midnight wine Strat Plus, owned it for 13-14 years. Started getting into vintage style and it wasn't getting played. Loved the color. I hope you can post pictures of yours.

Quick tips. frame the body within the picture, you don't need to show the whole guitar in every shot. Use lots of light, I can't believe how many people take pics from their mushroom grow room, it seems Take a dozen pics or more, choose the best 2, 3, 4 pics.

and for goodness sakes, no toes or feet in the pics, or dirty laundry/unmade beds.

I have a Midnight Wine Burst Strat. It's a lovely guitar!

Striving to be ordinary

Forum Member

https://postimg.cc/R6YdTZZj Lets see if this works?

Forum Member

Here you go!

I am probably the last person to make assumptions or assertions, but my admittedly brief research yields confusing results. And your photo isn't as clear as I'd like, so here is what I've determined so far:

1) The color Midnight Wine wasn't part of Fender's release specifications for the year 1992.
    2) It appeared on Standard Telecasters in the middle 2000's (2008 - 2010, etc.)
    3) The configuration of the bridge pickup doesn't look like original Fender. Is it a humbucker? Telecaster bridge pickups are traditionally single-coil mounted on a bias. Yours looks like it's mounted flush with the bridge. What's up with that?

For comparison's sake, a similar (but not identical) guitar is listed at
    axecentral with estimated prices based on condition and other factors: We'd have to see more of the guitar, including the neck and headstock to gain a better sense of its condition.

Exc+ 95% Cond: $1,050.00 USD
    Exc 90% Cond: $850.00 USD
    VG+ 80% Cond: $650.00 USD
    VG 70% Cond: $525.00 USD
    Striving to be ordinary

you need more light in the picture, that was what I was talking about when I made the mushroom farm reference. It's digital, it doesn't cost anything to take a lot of pictures until you get a good one. I'm just trying to help, not bust your balls.

Forum Member

Thanks for the response. Thats what I have been getting also, confusing info. The pick-ups are original Blue lace sensor neck and duel red lace sensors bridge with 3-way toggle switch between vol. and tone knobs to select front bridge pu, humbuker, or rear pu. Color is different like midnight wine but with black shading. link sent doesn't appear to be deluxe, doesn't tremolo bridge. Thanks again, will try to get more and better pictures.

Forum Member

Sorry, looked again at link, it is the deluxe bridge.