Thread: First weekend of summer, what are you doing?

First weekend of summer, what are you doing?

It's the first weekend after Memorial Day. I used to say there are 6 seasons in a year. Winter, Spring, Memorial Day weekend, Summer, Labor Day weekend, Fall. So to me, this is the first weekend of summer.

i'm thinking of getting some chicken to grill, we're at the start of a heat wave so I'm not interested in cooking inside. It's already 90 outside. Plus this house doesn't have a stove hood that vents outside, just one of those aluminum and carbon 'filters' so none of the heat gets carried away to the outdoors. Long term project for sure, it'll be years before we get to that one.

Recreationally, I dunno. I'm still recuperating from a back injury so my mobility and endurance is limited. Probably go for short walks and then sit inside with a guitar. Unplugged, of course.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: First weekend of summer, what are you doing?

So far - little. Woke up at 9:30. Got dressed at 12:30. Thinking about lunch at 4:30
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

As I live in vacation central (Orlando), was up and the a park at 8. Kicked out by noon. Got a hair cut. Currently watching the pre-races before the Belmont. Also reviewing a wiring schematic I designed as I’m not sure it’s correct for a guitar build I hope to finish this week Off to sleep early as I have a technical run through on bass tomorrow at 7 am.
    Mark

Went to the shooting range again this morning. Had a good time. Beers to be drank and homemade Strogonoff to be eaten with the missus in a couple of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    So far - little. Woke up at 9:30. Got dressed at 12:30. Thinking about lunch at 4:30
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Not much going on here. My son is moving out next Saturday and my wife is having knee replacement surgery the following Friday so we've got some busy days ahead.

I’m at my gf’s, and we met her daughter and her bunch at Percy Warner Park in Nashville. Nice wooded acreage as you go out of town. Pleasant weather.

I’m still struggling with finding a full time remote job with health benefits. The job market is opening up, they say. I’m trying to avoid customer service jobs. I’m depressed enough without being screamed and cussed at all day.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison