Thread: 2016 PETER TOWNSEND CS STRAT

2016 PETER TOWNSEND CS STRAT

just bought one for $5000 new never used but I'm a beginner. Was that a good deal?
    janette

Re: 2016 PETER TOWNSEND CS STRAT

Welcome to TFF!

The
    Pete Townshend Custom Shop Stratocaster is a limited edition, so it may or may not be worth the money. Did you buy it to play it, or to flip it? That's a lot of money to pay for a beginner guitar, but it's your money and who am I to say if it's worth it or not. Photos would be a great addition (some people will infer that they're required!)

This is Fender's stock photo...

Edited to add: According to a 2016 Reverb article, "These guitars will be released in a limited run of 75 units with a price of $6,500." So, yes, you may have gotten a pretty good deal, especially if it's brand new!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

That much dough, for a beginner to play, I'd flip it, buy 10 used American Standards and keep the one I liked. But like the man said, it's your money.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

I note with some interest that the Strat is modeled after the Eric Clapton signature Stratocaster, with the addition of a Fishman Powerbridge system, which with the added control knob lets the player blend acoustic and electric guitar sounds together. Think the intro to Pinball Wizard, with the acoustic strum merging into the electric power chording that marks the signature of the song.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!