Thread: Sunday back in the (TFF) saddle again!

Sunday back in the (TFF) saddle again!

It's great to be back at TFF on Sunday morning. It's been COLD and rainy here for a couple days and more scheduled for the rest of the weekend. I actually just turned the heat back on. I had dinner with my daughter and grandson last night - a real sit-down dinner in a restaurant. We used to go every week or so, but this is the first time since last Fall that we did it (and that was outdoor) and the first time since last March with inside dining. I had veal - it was great!

Today the Mrs. and I are going to go the the Christmas Tree Shops and see if we can find some new patio furniture. A new deck floor required new furniture and all the kids chipped in last Christmas to get us gift cards to help pay for it.

Definitely want to take a moment to reflect on the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. This weekend is less about a party to me, and more about time to reflect on their sacrifice and our blessings.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Sunday back in the (TFF) saddle again!

I'm going to try to steal some time to finish the soldering a harness into the Ibanez Artist I scored recently. Because the wiring and pots are bad, I haven't heard it properly.

But other duties call--painting my bathroom among them.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I echo GG's report on the chill and dampness. Nonetheless, my brother wants to try to mow the front lawn before the next wave of precipitation. He worried about the neighbors' perfect lawns being dragged down by our little Dogpatch of high weeds. At least we aren't parking junk vehicles on blocks ... yet

I'm still out of commission because of my back, which is wicked frustrating because there's so much that needs to be done. I have a feeling this is going to be a full 6 week long recovery, which means another month of rent at the storage facility. I'm also frustrated by the state of the electrical system here, it is torturous not using my amps that I've been denied for so long.

Another thing awaiting my attention is the setting up of the music computer. That is complicated by the impending demise of my main machine, which has been shutting down almost twice daily even under light surfing duties. I've already stolen the music room's monitor to replace my main machine's display. I have substitutes available, either a 32" or a 42" monitor to replace it. I'll probably go with the former and save the latter for the basement.

so it's a quiet contemplative holiday weekend for me, apropos for the solemnity it deserves. My neighbor across the street is supposed to be having a party tonight although it looks like it's going to be rainy.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

It's chilly and wet here, too! I'd like to play with my Miata and I'm sure my son would like to play with his new to him Corvette.

We just went shopping for sofas. 5-6 month lead time! We're actually looking to get rid of our reclining sofa and get a stationary one.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    It's chilly and wet here, too! I'd like to play with my Miata and I'm sure my son would like to play with his new to him Corvette.

We just went shopping for sofas. 5-6 month lead time! We're actually looking to get rid of our reclining sofa and get a stationary one.
    we're using furniture from my parents' house. They're 45 years old give or take a few. i saw a nice armless sofa in a banner ad. Supposed to be outdoor furniture but I thought it would make a nice sofa for a guitar room.

2970 dollars. for a freaking plain looking sofa, not even leather. I'm clearly not used to shopping for furniture, I was sticker shocked.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

My two weeks vacation ends tomorrow. I spent last week in a nice, mountainside cabin, playing guitar, watching the sunrises and kicking back. This week started as a staycation, but then I went and bought a new car. I've been spending some time learning its features, and then yesterday was my grandson's second birthday. Today I have been tearing apart the attic, my storage area, office and hiding places seeking the second key for my old car (won't do me any good and I told the dealer I'd send it to them). Nothing except a sore back from hefting boxes around. Ugh.

I posted my first tab to Ultimate Guitar. Actually, I wanted a printout of the song and none was available. So I made one and let UG format it for printing.

So, now it's Sunday evening. I'm tired and sore. I'm now going to kick back and play some music and maybe watch a flick. I've been reading a lot too, so I'll probably do that until my eyes cross.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I had a very nice Sunday.

Went to a local shooting range (We call it Shooting Club here. What do you guys call it in English?) with my old man, which we haven’t done in like 22 years. We’re starting the paperwork to join and restart training. We really had a great time there this morning and it’ll be awesome to shoot again after so many years. Besides it’s also very good to have an activity together with my father.

Great football weather here! Neighbor rented a stumpbdgrinder and did some stumps in hi yard and offerd to take care one in my front yard. I really appreciated it. He wouldn't take anything for it. That was pretty awesome. Was bird sitting for a friend last week. Didn't want anything for it but he insisted. He paid me in ammo! That works! Didnt make the range this weekend but when my hands feel better I will go. Just about got the new acoustic dialed in. I really like it. Wish the neck were a smidge smaller......but its not. Changed strings on my roadwornbjazz bass. They were 14 years old and were on 2 basses previously. Put another set of TIs on it. Really looking forward to getting them broken in and playing them for 10 or 15 years I hope.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Definitely want to take a moment to reflect on the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. This weekend is less about a party to me, and more about time to reflect on their sacrifice and our blessings.
    Thank you, sir.

HAND SALUTE!
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."