Thread: Fender Squier Mini Stratocaster replacement tuners

Forum Member

Fender Squier Mini Stratocaster replacement tuners

I just picked up a “for repair” Fender Squier Mini Stratocaster. The tuning machines on this guitar are all messed up.
    I want to replace them with basic/cheap tuners. I was wondering which ones I should be looking for?

Re: Fender Squier Mini Stratocaster replacement tuners

Quote Originally Posted by niceties55 View Post
    I just picked up a “for repair” Fender Squier Mini Stratocaster. The tuning machines on this guitar are all messed up.
    I want to replace them with basic/cheap tuners. I was wondering which ones I should be looking for?
    Tuners are pretty easy. You want to get a Fender-style set where all are made to be on the same side. For a Squier, who knows who made it - so you need to remove one of the existing tuners and measure the diameter of the hole. That will dictate what will fit. Chances are fairly good you'll need to re-drill the screw holes which is no big woop.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Forum Member

Re: Fender Squier Mini Stratocaster replacement tuners

When looking for cheap tuners I see a bunch that looks like they could work but they say 6R in the product description. Do I need a 6R or a 6 L for this guitar?