Thread: New Blood Ideas

New Blood Ideas

I've just posted on the indieheads section of reddit, telling players we'd love them to join.

That might mean we get a bunch of newbies, and they might have some elementary questions such as: What's the diff between a lead and rhythm guitar? Or, Which sounds better, maple or rosewood fretboards. Or you might have very experienced and skillful player who posts.

I'd just recommend that we welcome the young players who know very little about the instruments they love. I was ignorant of such stuff when I was young. I was too embarrassed to ask the difference between a rhythm and lead guitar, and I had no one to ask. Eventually, I heard someone make fun of people for asking that question.

Let's be welcoming and patient. We might learn something from them, if we get any responses.

I'll continue visiting other sites and inviting players. There's so much going on besides blues and classic rock or even today's pop. If any of you are in metal communities that might have interests in Fenders, please please invite them. Imagine a community with so many players in so many genres.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: New Blood Ideas

That's nice, Willie.

I'll see what I can do to bring in new members, apart from searching for old members (done that a lot, not much result).

Re: New Blood Ideas

I once asked "which is heavier, a steel guitar or a lead (pronounced as Led in Led Zeppelin) guitar. I didn't know it was called 'leed' guitar.

I thought the guys at the music store counter were going to choke. 12-year old me was a dumbass
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"