Thread: Hot Sunday thread

Hot Sunday thread

A.C. is out for at least another week - hot predicted all week. Yuch! Finger healing slowly. Doc says I should go around without a bandage, but it scares small children (and some adults). Hope everyone has a decent week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Hot Sunday thread

Nick - I hope it heals back with no issues man!

We had a wed night outside gig hosting the first blues jam since mask mandates changed here in Delaware. Went and saw a friend play friday outside - played last night outside - playing today outside....... see the trend? getting out - seeing faces - making noise and having some fun!

Today is a bike destination spot. I am looking forward - but its a fill in - long way away, low pay BUT........Outside and playing with friends! Should be a lot of fun!
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Sunday was day after my brother was sick as a dog from his 2nd covid shot. he felt well enough to go out for a while and I took advantage and plugged into my Princeton Reverb for the first time since January 2020. Seventeen months ago. Man, I got to learn how to play with an amp all over again.

I've got a slew of guitars waiting to be heard through an amp. I even sold one before it ever got to play out loud. I'm going to be selling about 5 or 6 more guitars in the next month or two.

Our a/c is working although we didn't really need it yesterday. So nice to be in a house again, even one with as many quirks as this one. No more Baby Huey thinking they're an Olympian gymnastic gold medalist upstairs. No more constant whine of the trash compactor under our apartment. No more 6 minute walk to a dozen different bars ... sigh. Oh, well, hopefully with the money saved I'll pay stuff off faster.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I had a mild case of food poisoning that hit me just as I was arriving home Saturday. Spent Sunday pretty much doing nothing, and felt better by Monday afternoon. Today, I'm continuing my vacation, with this week being "staycation" time. Maybe. I think I'm driving to NJ tomorrow to eyeball a car I've had my eyes on.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I've got a slew of guitars waiting to be heard through an amp. I even sold one before it ever got to play out loud. I'm going to be selling about 5 or 6 more guitars in the next month or two.
    I just know that I have to divest myself of some of my guitars. What's holding me back it not knowing how to do it. How do you sell yours?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

first I put my guitars on Craig's List. If I get no serious bites after a week, then I move to Reverb. between those two, I've sold two guitars in short order.

Oh, yeah, that was the other guitar I didn't play through an amp, the Steinberger. Oh, well.

BTW - although I'm primarily a Mopar fan, I really do like the new(er) Mustangs of the last 10 years. Guy across the street has a friend with one who comes over on the weekends. He's got a Challenger R/T, and an F-150, and a pontoon boat. And a backyard bar with 4 beer taps and a tiki hut.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"