Thread: CAn't sleep so early Sunday thread!

CAn't sleep so early Sunday thread!

Howdy folks. Not much happening here this weekend. The Mrs. is spending the weekend at her son's house babysitting her granddaughter so I have the place to myself. I hope everyone has a good week!!!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: CAn't sleep so early Sunday thread!

Good morning! It's Mother's Day and I've invited myself over to my daughter's house so I can treat her and her mother to dinner!

I bought a new laptop, and I'm taking the one it's replacing to the Apple store. I didn't get a trade-in value for it, so I'm going to see if the keyboard can be repaired without it costing an arm and a leg (it's got the dreadful "butterfly" keyboard that got Apple in legal trouble a couple of months ago). I had it repaird a few years ago for the same problem, so I guess I'm going to keep it as a backup. Funny thing, I'm typing this on a ten year-old MacBook Air that hasn't had a single glitch (and if I could have added memory to it, would still be my work computer).

After I hold another training this week I'm headed off to the mountains for some rest 'n' relaxation. Going to take a couple of my acoustics with me and spend time cleaning, re-stringing and playing them while looking at the scenery.

Have a good week, everyone (who's left).
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

good morning from the new house, beautiful sunny albeit cool, which is fine by me. I'm busy as heck but I'm enjoying being in a house again. Our section of the street is fairly dark at night. We have a nice porch that is perfect for smoke sessions. We seem to have some cool neighbors so far. The guy across the street has a Tiki hut with a 4 tap bar in his back yard. Plus he's English or has dual citizenship.

Got my new Epiphone yesterday. Single P-90 gold top Les Paul Custom ebony board. Not very heavy. Big ass neck. We'll have to see how my hand likes it, I can't judge right now because they're both so sore. I will say this. It's a freaking cannon acoustically. The fretwork feels fantastic and would only get even nicer after a fret polishing. The board did not turn my fingers black like the maple boards of my Squier acquisitions. I can't wait to hear the pickup through an amp, that may happen later today. Got to get the kitchen set up first.

I'm going to be a familiar sight at the dump for a while. As we unpack, I'm taking all the boxes away. And I'm decluttering big time. If I had stuff for 15 months and didn't miss it, chances are it's time to let it go.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Busy day! Mother's Day and our 34th anniversary!

Happy anniversary, Don! That's great!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!