Thread: May. We Have a Sunday Thread. May we have a Sunday thread?

May. We Have a Sunday Thread. May we have a Sunday thread?

Good golly, Miss Molly, it's May already. Today is the 2nd, which means I can't make some joke about May Day, and it isn't the 4th, so I can't say the trite, "May the Fourth be with you," so we'll just have to leave it as the first Sunday thread for May.

The weather here has been like a yo-yo. Yesterday, it was brisk jacket weather, today it threatens to be in the 80s. This is the month of flowers, so let's see what April has brought us. For me, there are a bunch of weeds sticking their unwelcome noses up, so I'll go tend to as many I can until my back complains. Otherwise, it's church (morning), baseball (afternoon) and guitar practice (every time between). This coming week is a light one, having just come off a week doing training. I've booked a mountain getaway for a vacay a couple of weeks down the way, so I'm beginning to make my packing list. Bored? Nah. Wanting to get out due to COVID-19-20-21-22? You bet!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: May. We Have a Sunday Thread. May we have a Sunday thread?

We had 5” of rain in the last two days but managed to make it to a boat and car show with my brother yesterday.

I might have fallen in love. And couldn’t sleep at all last night.

A beautiful silver 1967 Ferrari 330. Might have to ditch the witness protection program and go back to robbing banks...

Be well my friends

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Good morning all! Tired of being helpless - can't wait until I can use my right hand again. I had to ask my daughter to bring my summer tires up from the basement and put them in the pickup so I can get them to the shop tomorrow and get them swapped out. Besides her full time job at a mfg plant she works part time in a gym so she had an easier time of it than if I had done it! Today is MrsJunkie and my 23rd anniversary. While this has been the year from Hell so far, starting with her daughter dying in February 2020 through COVID to me chopping off part of my finger last month, we have gotten better through it all. She has finally seemed to have found a better space mentally and has been sober all year. Life is good...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

My granddaughter's husband decided to fix the roof on our garage. All they let me do is pay the bills, It's hell not being able to "help" ! He doing a good job, it's been leaking for a few.years. Hope the wind doesn't pick up too much!

We're going to see my mother and stepfather for the first time in a long time! I also need to prep my garage for a new convertible top to be installed on my Miata. A guy is coming here to do it on Wednesday. I'm a little bummed that I have to go into the office tomorrow and Tuesday, but that's a small step towards normalcy, at least around here.

up and once more into the breach. We got a mover but they can't do wednesday and are coming tuesday instead. Oh, snap. The good news is we have until Friday to vacate the apartment i.e. clean it up and try to preserve our deposit.

The new house will be okay but damn, those bedrooms are tiny. I simply do not have enough room for all my stuff. I need a lot more time to plan and time we don't have. Not to mention I abhor the colors of the two rooms and the walls are chock full of holes from all the stupid shit they had fastened to them. Says the guy who wants to hang a dozen guitars on the wall, LOL.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"