Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Hey Clapton fans

1) Live Cream, Volume II
    2) 9/10 March 1968
    3) I was there
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Album: 3-way tie between Layla; 24 Nights; Pilgrim
    Favorite live show: Saw him once in the 70s and then in 2000 in Köln. He was in top form in Köln. He frigging ripped it up.

I"ve had this one on repeat a lot lately. The bass slays me.

I could watch this over and over.

Last edited by ch willie; 04-19-2021 at 04:49 PM.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    1) Live Cream, Volume II
    2) 9/10 March 1968
    3) I was there
    Wow! I was only 4!

I picked up the guitar because of Clapton, but it's hard to pick a favorite album- I discovered him through the greatest hits albums- At his best and History of Eric Clapton. The songs by Delaney & Bonnie & Friends really drew me in.

I saw him live once, at Great Woods in Mansfield, Massachusetts in the early '90s. He wasn't very good that night.

I'm like Don. In fact, I've been learning and re-learning some Clapton songs and licks lately. I saw him once in Concert, right after the 461 Ocean Boulevard album came out and I Shot the Sheriff was topping the charts. Unfortunately, the concert was in the world's worst venue: The (now destroyed) Capital Centre outside Washington, D. C. The freaking concert was ear-bleeding LOUD. Too loud!

Pity, too. I even have an Eric Clapton signature Stratocaster. But I couldn't pick a favorite album. Heck, I don't think I've even heard them all!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    1) Live Cream, Volume II
    2) 9/10 March 1968
    3) I was there
    Looked for the LIKE button!

I would have to hit the From the Cradle CD - MUCH later. I was there.
    Had really just started to take up an appreciation for the blues and was hitting it hard.
    Saw him with Jimmie Vaughan Opening.

One of the guys I play with is SO in the Vein of Clapton, I feel like every gig is a front row seat to the show, and I HOPE I don't let them down!

I really like his collaborations on stage that aren't captured on Albums a LOT too!
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I'm like Don. In fact, I've been learning and re-learning some Clapton songs and licks lately. I saw him once in Concert, right after the 461 Ocean Boulevard album came out and I Shot the Sheriff was topping the charts. Unfortunately, the concert was in the world's worst venue: The (now destroyed) Capital Centre outside Washington, D. C. The freaking concert was ear-bleeding LOUD. Too loud!

Pity, too. I even have an Eric Clapton signature Stratocaster. But I couldn't pick a favorite album. Heck, I don't think I've even heard them all!
    If thats the one they called the USA Arena that Is where I saw the From the Cradle show
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    Looked for the LIKE button!

Roger’s posts and replies are always like that, I really like it when he shares his experiences.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite album because he's had quite a few phases in his career and I like pretty much all of them. I've only seen him once and that was from the Blues From The Cradle tour.

I'd love to find some DVD of that tour. I played guitar once when it was on PBS, and he actually plays in 440 concert pitch A. I was exactly in tune with him.

I have the Crossroads CD set. It's been a while but I was using that a lot, and I have the full transcription books as well. Once I get settled down at the new house, I'm woodshedding on tunes for a while.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    It's hard for me to pick a favorite album because he's had quite a few phases in his career and I like pretty much all of them. I've only seen him once and that was from the Blues From The Cradle tour.

I'd love to find some DVD of that tour. I played guitar once when it was on PBS, and he actually plays in 440 concert pitch A. I was exactly in tune with him.

I have the Crossroads CD set. It's been a while but I was using that a lot, and I have the full transcription books as well. Once I get settled down at the new house, I'm woodshedding on tunes for a while.

Good to see you back aboard, brother!!