Thread: Looks Like LPF's Certificate Has Expired, Too.

Looks Like LPF's Certificate Has Expired, Too.

And it's worse than here, because there you can't even get past it.

(I set my computer's clock/calendar back two days and LPF was there).
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Looks Like LPF's Certificate Has Expired, Too.

Well this forum appears to be dead for all intents and purposes and the LPF seems to be following that same road.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

My meager knowledge of LPF (and TFF)'s owners is that they are family and acquaintances. Perhaps they're having issues with COVID or some other external situation that hasn't allowed them to focus on the forums. Hard to say...
    Striving to be ordinary

LPF is back. TFF is not. I guess that's it.
    Striving to be ordinary

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Perhaps, but that can't be responsible for the lack of enthusiasm for participating by those who visit this forum. I can't count the number of times I drop by in the evening -- there will be 190 or 200 "guests" but only one or two members on line. And nobody is posting a thing. Granted I don't always have a lot to say but any time there's a question or problem that I feel I can assist with, I always try to do so.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

It was a certificate problem and the LPF is back in business.

Sergio asked whether TFF will get a certificate, and I'll let him tell you, but there is hope.

Of course we've been dying here for a long time. There are only a few of us who post. I'd love to see more tech questions and answers, but I'm not equipped to start such posts. I'm learning, and it's becoming a major hobby.

I know we use it as a chat board a lot of times. I don't think it's a bad thing to create a social media community of like minded people. That's why The Whammy Bar is fun when everyone is there.

I appreciate Phantomman's knowledge as well as that of many of you. I wish I could contribute more useful things, but I enjoy the camaraderie and have made friends here.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Thanks, Willie.

Yes, I asked Mike if by any chance the SSL certificate maintenance at the Les Paul Forum (which caused the down time there) involved this place. His answer was "Working on it. Sorry for the long delay". I thanked him on behalf of us.

I am deeply relieved that they will, after all, keep TFF alive. The delayed absence of a statement of intentions by the owners was killing me and I was already making myself at home at the LPF since most of us was already there.

There's no need of repeating how I feel regarding this forum, and why I was trying hard to bring everyone over to the LPF. Not having this forum and watching it fade away was hurting a lot. I spoke my mind recently, here: https://www.thefenderforum.com/forum...l=1#post649537

Me, I will most happily come back to my usual attendance here.

I feel like someone who almost got evicted from his house and the moment I was about to pack, I got notice that the debt had been paid.

Anyway, I think we should start making our forum more active. Roger nailed it above. It won't hurt if we post more often and reply to other users' threads even if just to cheer them up. More activity leads to more new users coming back to see what's new. Invite friends who like guitars to join. Insist with Mike in donating in favor of maintaining the site.