Thread: The Thread for Easter Sunday

The Thread for Easter Sunday

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it, and wishes of peace and comfort for those who don't.

I can't help draw the analogy between Easter and this forum: I pray for its resurrection. It's not uncommon these days to log in and find no new posts. That saddens me because the Les Paul Forum will never feel the same as here. I am on a few other guitar forums, and when I think of popping in, I scan the new posts, maybe reply to one or two, and go on my way. I've always spent a little more time here, and read every new post, whether the topic is of interest to me or not.

So it's Easter. After a few days of wintery cold, the temperature will be climbing again. Baseball season has started, so they say; it's been delayed here because of the stupid 'Rona. Instead of getting excited about a fresh start, it's been a bit of a dreary weekend. At least my daughter and family have come out of quarantine, so I'll be going over for Easter dinner.

I'm making some guitar swaps again. I put new strings on my Big Baby Taylor-e, and it's now in my play area. I think I'll put my ES-335 and Ibanez AG95QA away for a while and choose a couple of others to sit in rotation.

Happy Easter everyone, if you happen to read this!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Thread for Easter Sunday

Fred, I feel the same. TFF has become an important part of my communication with others. Over the years, I've become emotionally invested in the well-being of my friends here. We've shared in each other's joys and sorrows. I hate losing that.

My name is William Marion Northcutt on (the awful but useful) FB, and if you want to call me a real life dumbass, send me a friend request. DONT LAUGH at my name! John Wayne's real name was Marion Michael Morrison.

If we could have a dedicated set of folders on LPF, we could keep it together. It's tough on the one thread to have coherent conversations.

Again, I am willing to do any work possible to keep this place alive. I can also contribute a modest dollar or two. I'm so ignorant about it all, and I have no real idea about what it takes to keep a forum online and maintained.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

...so until TFF dies or is resurrected, I'll come back....

Yesterday, me bonnie lass and I planted flowers and Creeping Jenny in my shrub areas in the front of the house. She showed me an app that will identify plants,. I wish I'd had this forever. I bug my friends, sending them pics of plants to identify. The app for IOS is Picture This. It's a pain in the ass to use if you don't subscribe, but the basic function is worth it. A one time fee and I'd have paid for the app. Subscription? nooooooo. Southern magnolias are common, and i knew about that one (see the pic), but I found out I have a tulip magnolia and a pink magnolia. I found out about vines and bushes and and and. So exciting for this nerd.

Blue sky gorgeous here today.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I guess I'll try copying and pasting this into both forums... Don't want to give up on this place, but I need to try and blend in over there in case that becomes our new nesting site.

Happy Easter! Long weekend for me - Took Friday and Monday off so it's a 4 day weekend for me. Taking the front porch apart so we can have a pre-cast concrete porch installed in its place. I keep forgetting I'm 67 years old - not the 45 year-old plumber in decent shape who could take on the world any time I wanted. Made some progress yesterday. I wanted to get the columns down to start. Ended up taking off the floor and stairs. My stepson is coming over for Easter dinner. I'm hoping I can get an assist to knock off more stuff today. The part that is nailed to the foundation will probably be the toughest part to remove.

Before...

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I'm not interested in posting the same thing twice on two different forums and will post here as long as we're able.

It's a beautiful day today! We're looking forward to a quiet Easter Sunday.

I've got an appointment to receive the J&J vaccine on Wednesday morning!

Happy Easter, everyone.

Quiet Sunday at home with the wife. Had the usual gallon of coffee and spent the morning taking care of my cacti.

btw there’s a new one, native to the Mexican mountains:

Since we're vaccinated, our kids invited us to Easter dinner with them in San Francisco... ham, scalloped potatoes, lemon coconut cake. Mmmmmm.

We left as the sun was going down, just low enough that it would peek out of the low rise buildings as we headed for the bridge. We're driving into the sun and suddenly realize there is a man... approximately 6'4", a really big guy, with long matted hair and some kind of ankle-length coat, standing (more like planted, rooted) in the middle of Geary Boulevard, motionless. He shows no signs of moving as we approach, and as we swerve around him, he doesn't look at us. This is clearly a case of mental illness... confused, desperate, lost.

And yet, it was Easter, and I couldn't help but remember Jesus's words: "What you do for the least of us, you do for me."

We talked about circling back, but decided that on Geary the cops would undoubtedly be along any second, and he'd probably get swept up and 5150'ed. And what could we do, anyway? Ask him if he's alright? Offer him a sandwich? Try and get him up on the sidewalk? In light of the holiday and my family's pleasure, I had a hard time forgetting him.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

He was probably waiting for some thoughtful motorist to hand him a roll of Charmin so he could take a dump in the middle of the street.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

I was busy Easter playing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPFZKp69RiQ
    Mark