Thread: 1992-1998 Floyd Rose Classic Production

Forum Member

1992-1998 Floyd Rose Classic Production

Does anyone know the story behind this model, built in the 1990s? They all seem to carry s/n FN2xxxxx whether its 1992, 1993, etc up until 1998 (I think). I heard somewhere that they were supposed to be exported but weren't (so what). Thank you in advance.

Forum Member

Re: 1992-1998 Floyd Rose Classic Production

Long ago in a small, faraway village, there was a place known as the House of 1000 Mirrors. A small, happy little dog learned of this place and decided to visit. When he arrived, he hounced happily up the stairs to the doorway of the house.
    Last edited by Cogs; 05-20-2021 at 07:35 AM.

TFF Stage Crew

I banned the spambot taozia025 but left the post intact because it was such a good story!

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs View Post
    I banned the spambot taozia025 but left the post intact because it was such a good story!

What’s not to love about TFF? Even the mods have a great sense of humor!

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post

What’s not to love about TFF? Even the mods have a great sense of humor!
    indeed they do.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by avs3259 View Post
    Does anyone know the story behind this model, built in the 1990s? They all seem to carry s/n FN2xxxxx whether its 1992, 1993, etc up until 1998 (I think). I heard somewhere that they were supposed to be exported but weren't (so what). Thank you in advance.
    I've always been intrigued by these- I have a love hate thing with Floyds. Unfortunately, I don't really know anything about them.

If you hadn't banned him, cogs, the second part of the story was going to tell us that the door opened and the dog leapt in to find a 1998 Floyd Rose Classic Strat. He learned to play it and became the lead guitarist for the late Minnie Pearl.

Now, we'll never hear the whole thing.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

They all seem to carry s/n FN2xxxxx whether its 1992, 1993, etc up until 1998 (I think). I heard somewhere that they were supposed to be exported but weren't (so what).
    You are right. FN2 serial number was used from 1992 to 1998 on this guitar, the Floyd Rose Classic Stratocaster, and on the very first Floyd Rose Classic Stratocaster HSS, also called Strat Special HSS, that replaced the Flòyd Rose Classic Stratocaster.
    This guitar was included in the Floyd Rose Classic Series, but in 1996 catalog it was listed in the US Standard Series and in some moths of 1998 in the American Special Series. It was made for US and European market.

Forum Member

https://flic.kr/p/2pmxRrKPurchased my Fender Floyd Rose Classic Stratocaster new in 1995, P/N 1106002700 - Sunburst with Maple neck. [Serial number removed by myself, info from Fender Serial number lookup.
    1 FN20XXXX 1106002700 FR CLASSIC STRAT MN 3TS 04/1995
    Ordered on phone from Rockbottom in West Croydon, UK as they provided a decent price reduction. Setup by them after myself opening box in the shop [left them to get on with it as my playing very dodgy back then [some would say still is]]

Never been in a shop since purchase [guitar not myself] so should be exactly as supplied new from Fender, in fact apart from being stored at parents house for awhile not outside my home unless with myself. Finally changed the original strap now though [in photo is original] as backing plastic on it started to disintegrate after around 24 years.

And here she is 28 years later [all images my own and © ctxuk].
    https://flic.kr/p/2pmxRrK

And an excerpt from the brochure from back then. [not my image copyright]
    https://flic.kr/p/2pmwoN3

Would it still get purchased today if for sale new exactly as previous specifications and parts? You bet, in fact provided having the money to do so if they sold these again as original parts and specifications would purchase at least one more, maybe two. Never regretted this purchase.

Forum Member

You may find this helpful

https://www.fuzzfaced.net/floyd-rose...atocaster.html