Thread: Sunday. DST. Desolate Server. 3/14

Sunday. DST. Desolate Server. 3/14

Well. It seems the certificate issue has understandably resulted in a diminution of traffic. I hope the once the issue has been resolved we see a resumption, as we seemed to be gaining members of late.

So, it's Sunday, and in my area of the world, we lost an hour of time as we moved our clocks ahead for Daylight Saving Time. Like so many other issues, this seems to cause a lot of dispute. Personally, this is one battle I'll skip.

I was going to do a bunch of gardening today and went to a nursery yesterday to buy some new plants, and was told to hold off a week. As nice as the weather has been this week, we're still facing frosty weather next week, so I've decided to hold off.

My server build has completed, but it's taken longer to restore files to it. Next time, I won't got the SMB/CIFS route and will directly connect my backup drives. Still, a great learning experience and happy that everything is operational in time for the training I'm giving this week.

Church and guitar on the slate today. Life is good.

Best wishes to everyone who manages to get through.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Sunday. DST. Desolate Server. 3/14

Mild weather today. Finally got some time to relax. Work has been horribly rough these last few weeks.

Plans are going with the missus for lunch at my old folks’, then rewatch some Supernatural (I love that) on Amazon and in the evening I’ll probably go the ‘wine and guitar’ route...

I didn't let the cert issue deter me. Once I selected to enter the site anyway it hasn't been an issue. The one time I decided to sneak a peek on my work computer and received the issue, I turned back, but I'm fine on my home computer.

The weather's been beautiful here! It was 70F and sunny on Thursday so I pulled the Miata out of storage on Wednesday and drove it the 50 mile round trip to the office and back to pick up a new laptop. It was incredible!

Here's a pic of a couple of my favorite machines. You don't see them together too often!

The cert issues seems to be messing with the formatting of the site, too. It's hard to read anything, let alone post. Took the wife to get COVID shot #1. I got a last minute appointment for her Friday afternoon for Saturday. They held it at the Football field next to Pratt and Whitney. National Guard memberst ran it - very professional and easy to do. I get my first tomorrow. My brother got the J&J a week ago and was sick in bed for two days, but is doing fine now. It's a major pain getting anywhere here, so I might not be commenting much, but do read as much as I can.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Don, I love it when you guys start bringing out the awesome cars and motorcycles. Spring isn't far away.

I had a second date with someone I met on eharmony. We have a freakish amount of things in common. Lovely time, and we're seeing each other again this weekend. She's cool.

Sunday was fantastic. I hugged my daughter for the first time in a year. Got to see both of my babies (26 and 29 year old babies). My son had made a feast. It was a great day.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Don, I love it when you guys start bringing out the awesome cars and motorcycles. Spring isn't far away.
    Storms came through on Sunday afternoon. The sky got cloudy, the temperature dropped 15 degrees, we had 50 mph winds and sideways snow. Then it got sunny, then cloudy and windy again and more snow. This repeated a few times. Not enough snow to accumulate. Now (Monday morning at 10am) it's below 20F, sunny and windy as heck.

Weather sucks where you all are. Move South and marry a nice girl whose father and brother are the same person.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Weather sucks where you all are. Move South and marry a nice girl whose father and brother are the same person.
    I married a Nova Scotia girl- she wants to move back north!!!