Thread: What day is it??? That's right - Sunday!

What day is it??? That's right - Sunday!

Got up early this morning. Someone told me that the CVS web site opens up a lot of new vaccine appointments between 6-7 every day. So far I'm waiting to get into the site. I have an appointment for a week from Monday, but I'm having trouble getting one for Mrs. Junkie. My wife's church arranged a clinic for Wednesday (and they would have done us both, but they ran out of slots). My granddaughter turns 7 this weekend and my grandson turns 15 next week, so we're doing a little party for them this afternoon. Just pizza and corn dogs. Everybody have a safe healthy week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: What day is it??? That's right - Sunday!

Thanks for starting the thread, GJ. Today my main project is upgrading my home office server. Not being a hardware guy, this isn't something I look forward to, but I've spent my money, so I need to do the work.

During the COVID bandemic, I bought a computer server off eBay, installed Linux on it and have been using it for work demos as well as a sandbox for tinkering with code 'n' stuff. Since I can't leave well enough alone, I filled the empty drive bays with disks I bought off eBay, but it turns out the controller card doesn't support them. So, I bought a controller card off eBay and today is the day I'm pulling the old, installing the new, and configuring the end result. I may need to install a firmware upgrade, and it's likely I'll have to do a fresh install of Linux (I spent much of yesterday backing up files). All in all, I have a few solid hours in front of me. If I don't shoot myself from frustration first, I'll let everyone know how it went.

Spring is just about here, and COVID is just about gone. Can there be any better news?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

So, I had my second ever date with someone from eharmony. The first one turned out to be a little loopy. It turned strange. Apparently, we knew each other in a former life and we're dangerous together. I told my son that I hope that was an elaborate line to get rid of me because that would be a masterpiece of performance art.

I met someone else and had a first date yesterday. Lovely day, sitting outside a a nice place close to where I lived. We have a lot in common, and we're going to meet next weekend for another. It was especially nice to be with someone my own age, nice to spend time with someone with a similar background and similar interests. I seriously never want to go out with anyone under 50 again.

I've been working on my Strat project. I had it set up with a floating bridge, but I use a whammy so seldom that I'm going to block the trem. I wish both of my Strats were hardtail--I don't think Fender ever made a production lefty hardtail.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Well, another day here in paradise! LOL. Still 20 below, and I don’t give a f@&$, I got a heater in my truck and I’m off to the rodeo!

Not much planned for today. So, again, that means I’ll start something completely unplanned! After finishing my Tele build last week, I got on a tear this week and serviced my six string electrics - changed strings, cleaned up, checked action, intonation kind of thing. Realized that the strings on the Gretsch 6120N I acquired in the fall hadn’t had a string change done in a very long time. It’s now got that Gretschy sizzle back. It was a bit of challenge to get the string ball ends seated in the Bigsby, but once I figured out the trick, it was a doddle.

Got my next follow up with my oncologist on Friday. He told me months ago that when the vaccination comes around, he’ll probably be giving it to me. So, I have a faint hope that I’ll be vaccinated this week. Very faint hope since vaccine supply has been a major issue up here in the Deep North. Someone has bungled things up quite badly.

@ Willie - thanks for sharing your dating stories. Your reincarnation date sounded interesting! Hope the next date goes well!

@OldStummer - time to go cloud, man! No need to be your own one-man IT department anymore. Gotta check out things like Docker, Kubernetes, fully homomorphic encryption....software...not hardware.

The second COVID shot is in the arm! Yesterday I had a crew in to remove the last of my ash trees thanks to the emerald ash borer. Since last November that makes it 22 trees I’ve lost and the house is looking kind of strange to me with all that foliage gone.

Off to breakfast and then time yo practice a bit with a friend. We’re doing a couple of tunes on at a local TV station in a couple of weeks.

Hope all have a great week.

one more cold day and then a couple days of mid-60s this week. My favorite Irish pub is doing a big thing this Thursday, it sounds fantastic, 7 courses. Supposedly there will be outside seating and the weather could not be timed better. I'll be keeping an eye on that.

This wasn't the best week for my dad's side of the clan. Lost one cousin in CA and another down in MA, health issues unrelated to covid. I don't think I've seen either one in over a dozen years, we are not close with the extended family, never were. The only times we've seen anybody was at funerals, it seems and now not even that.

I might lather up and go to an open house. I looked at the floor plan and the master bedroom walk in closet HAS to be a typo. It can't really by 20x22? that's bigger than my living room by a good margin
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"