Thread: DG-100

DG-100

Hi; first-time poster, and I sure love Fender guitars! I have a few mid-grade acoustic Fenders and a Squier Pro Tone strat. My question concerns an acoustic I just picked up, a DG-100, that apparently was market solely for Guitar Center. There's not a lot of info out there, and I was wondering if it was similar to any other Fender acoustic. This one is Korean, solid sprue top with gold Grover tuners, and it sounds great. Not sure how to upload a picture. Thanks, and glad to be here!

Re: DG-100

Welcome to the forum! I can't help you with your guitar question, but I can help you post photos. <--(that's a link)
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Thank you! I'm not a wizard with the internet, but I should be able to figure that out. Hopefully I'll be able to post a picture of my DG-100.

There you go! So, now I can see it's a dreadnought, full-size and all wood with a gloss finish. It's gotten generally good reviews. What's most important, I think, is how it feels and sounds for you! You can toss all the reviews out the window if you love or hate a guitar. Over the years as my playing has improved, I've become more attuned to what works and what doesn't in a guitar for me; as long as you enjoy making music with it, I'd say you're golden!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    There you go! So, now I can see it's a dreadnought, full-size and all wood with a gloss finish. It's gotten generally good reviews. What's most important, I think, is how it feels and sounds for you! You can toss all the reviews out the window if you love or hate a guitar. Over the years as my playing has improved, I've become more attuned to what works and what doesn't in a guitar for me; as long as you enjoy making music with it, I'd say you're golden!
    Thanks again for the posting-pictures help! Yes, I definitely love this instrument, and it is practically on a par with my D-62 Furch cutaway dreadnought. I was curious because I have an Alvarez AD710ce which apparently is a Guitar Center marketed AD70ce; they just changed the model no. for GC. As for my Fender DG-100, the closest model I've found to it is the DG21S, although it doesn't have the stock gold Grover tuners like the DG-100. I would certainly recommend it as a mid-grade solid-top acoustic with a budget price tag. If you can find one, even though their used price is quite low, the sound is remarkable.

My daughter had one of Fender's acoustics like that one, and it sounded so good for the price. I've thought about buying one so that I won't have to take my Martin out of the house. I remember it sounding full, unlike so many in that price range.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison