Thread: Hopeful NAD tomorrow

Hopeful NAD tomorrow

I was supposed to go today but stuff happens. I've alluded to this in The Whammy Bar's "What have you purchased et al" thread.

It's a low hours, one owner JCM 2000 DSL 401 combo with 1x12 speaker. It was used about 10-20 hours and has spent most of the past 21 years in a closet. I used to have one from the same era and yes I'm aware of the running hot issue. Mine never gave me any problems until after it was damaged during a load out. It just was never the same afterwards.

I'm going to bring my CV50 Tele, as it is a guitar whose tone I'm intimately familiar with. I so want to bring my new strat but I don't know what it sounds like yet through an amp. This will be my first Marshall since the JMP1C back in 2014.

Going to meet the neighbors on the other side of my bedroom wall and tell that I'll be playing Saturday afternoons. If they're working from home during the week, I'll refrain from playing through the amp. This will be the first time I've played through an amp since January 2020.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Hopeful NAD tomorrow

Good luck! I'm excited for you!

If you run into any problems after buying the amp, let me know- I've rebuilt a DSL401 from a basket case!

Last edited by Don; 03-05-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Re: Hopeful NAD tomorrow

I was all set to go this morning when my brother reminds me that we were going to check out an open house today. D'oh. I had completely forgotten about that. I texted the guy and told him not to hold the amp if somebody else was asking for it.

Hopefully something better comes along as it seems as though this just wasn't the right time or the right amp to get right now..
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"