Thread: Newbie to the Stratocaster

Forum Member

Newbie to the Stratocaster

Hi all. Been reading a lot of interesting threads and already found a few great answers to some of my own questions.
    But as a newbie, I thought I’d post a few introductory lines, so here’s where I’m at at this point in time... I’ve been learning for the past 2 years so still a complete novice, but loving it.
    I eventually got to the point where I really wanted something nice, but my knowledge of guitars was extremely limited. Then through a friend of a talented friend I picked up a 2017 Elite SSS Strat... but with all the electrics and most hardware removed. I just saw the quality of the neck and body and wanted it. So £400 of mates rates cash lighter, I started looking for parts to rebuild it, but found nothing at first. I eventually went for the Seymour Duncan Everyone Axe pick ups and some Fender POTs and wired in a splitter switch for the pickups. Sounded fantastic and it’s been like that for around a year. I’ve now managed to get most of the original hardware and eventually found a fully loaded Elite pick guard with all electrics included... but it was from a left handed guitar.
    So I’m at the point now of getting that set up for a right hander ... but I’ve run into difficulties with the wiring, and that’s the reason why I joined the forum... to get some electrical knowledge and help because simply transferring it all to a right handed pick guard... it’s all working in reverse lol
    But from what I’ve already read on the forum so far, I now wish I’d joined sooner.
    And hopefully soon I’ll have a fully working standard Elite Strat.
    p.s. Even with all the original Elite electrics on but working in reverse.... I think I prefer my original Seymour Duncan set up... maybe it’s just because that’s what I’m used to..??
    Only time will tell....

Re: Newbie to the Stratocaster

Welcome. Fantastic that you've got that Elite back together. Good to see you here, and I look forward to interacting with you on the forum.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Well I’ve now got the wiring diagram so as soon as new strings are needed, the Seymour Duncan pick ups will go back on and that’ll give me time to work on sorting out the original Elite pick ups and POT’s for a right handed operation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Andy View Post
    Well I’ve now got the wiring diagram so as soon as new strings are needed, the Seymour Duncan pick ups will go back on and that’ll give me time to work on sorting out the original Elite pick ups and POT’s for a right handed operation.
    The world's greatest electric guitar comes in a variety of platforms.