Thread: Left to Right

Forum Member

Left to Right

Hi All. I recently bought my 2017 Fender Elite right handed guitar with no electrics, just body and neck only. I started building it up but just couldn’t find Gen4 Noiseless pick ups. So I installed the Seymour Duncan Everyone Axe set up and loved it.
    Then on a well known auction web site I found a full set of Elite electrics!!.... but they’re from a left handed guitar.
    Anyway... Thinking I was now all set to go, I ordered a genuine right handed Elite pick guard.... and transferred all pick ups, POT’s and slide switch over... bought a nice set of Darkie strings and it was done... until I played it and found everything working in reverse lol... setting 1 is now loud, that’s volume and tone, the slide switch works backward, and the only thing that seems to be working is the S1 switch on the volume POT.

So my question is..... I need a right handed Fender Elite Strat SSS wiring diagram... does anyone have one for me..??
    or any advice converting it to a right handed set up.

Any advice appreciated!!
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Andy

Forum Member

Re: Left to Right

[QUOTE=Sérgio;649069]This?

Thanks. As soon as the strings need replacement I’ll have a look.

Re: Left to Right

[QUOTE=Elite Andy;649196]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    This?

Thanks. As soon as the strings need replacement I’ll have a look.
    You don't need to remove the strings to remove the pickguard on an Elite. You loosen them, remove the springs and lift the bridge out. That is one of the true beauties of the two-point trem.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim