Thread: Just a gentle zephyr

Just a gentle zephyr

NOT !!

In like a lion indeed, March is. We are having wind today that i seldom see that's not associated with a rain or snow storm. Straight 30 mph winds and gusts well over 50. So windy that I hear it through the vent hood of my stove and the kitchen is 30 feet from the outside wall.

I've got the heat maxed out and still can't hit 70 degrees. Had to put a space heater on. The humidifier is struggling to hit 30%, last night it was 40% when I went to bed.

I haven't ventured outside yet. There's a wind tunnel effect outside the door to the parking lot, on a 10 mph day it is pretty strong. Plus it's not even 20 degrees out. The windchill is below zero.

At least we have power, thousands across the state don't. Stupid trees, I keep telling people to cut them down but NOooo, they don't listen.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Just a gentle zephyr

I can't get over the wind out there! The gusts have to be over 60 mph! It sounds like a train! It's been going on since yesterday evening. Odd that there's no rain or snow to go along with it. We didn't lose power this time.

The scary thing is that storms with high winds have become common here in the last year.

Yeah, we had the high winds yesterday. But at least it was only around the freezing mark so not unpleasant. Today started at -23C. That was chilly, wife decided to walk to work because it would have taken more time to warm up the car and drive!

I got a nice 60 minute walk in today. It had warmed up to -15C and was sunny so I got a bit of a sweat on!

I managed to get 4.8 miles yesterday, got to figure at least half of it was wind assisted
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

It was a weird day. The day before it went from 50 degrees to 12 in a few short hours. We lost power for about three hours yesterday- the generator took care of the lights and heat, but the cable also went out so I had no Internet. I had to do a Zoom meeting over the phone. That was noty fun.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain