Thread: Not sure how many of you...

Not sure how many of you...

...have seen this movie, but Cliff Boothe cooking Kraft Mac n’Cheese while he feeds his dog is one of the most inspirational things I’ve seen in this stinky century.

(Once upon a time in Hollywood, by Quentin Tarantino).

share your best cinema experiences.

Re: Not sure how many of you...

I just watched "I Care a Lot". Man, that film scares the shit out of me. Netflix--it's about a woman who gains control of old people and their assets, sticks them in a home, and steals it all.

Rosamund Pike is phenomenal. When I watch movies, often, I feel like I'm watching "acting" not reality. She's so good that I really felt fear of her. Pike was verrrrrry believable. She deserves some awards.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    ...have seen this movie, but Cliff Boothe cooking Kraft Mac n’Cheese while he feeds his dog is one of the most inspirational things I’ve seen in this stinky century.
    OK - I’ll bite! I’ve seen the movie and remember this scene. How so (most inspirational)?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    OK - I’ll bite! I’ve seen the movie and remember this scene. How so (most inspirational)?
    It's amazing how Tarantino picks a casual, daily life situation and creates a great movie scene out of it. Imagine two guys in suits talking about Burgers, or a dude in his early 50s coming home to a trailer, feeding his dog while he grabs a beer and cooks dinner. Situations that you imagins and think "ok, so what?" and they look so great on screen. The photography, the context.

You can do the same writing songs, poems, lyrics, whatever man... it's art making life more lively.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    It's amazing how Tarantino picks a casual, daily life situation and creates a great movie scene out of it. Imagine two guys in suits talking about Burgers, or a dude in his early 50s coming home to a trailer, feeding his dog while he grabs a beer and cooks dinner. Situations that you imagins and think "ok, so what?" and they look so great on screen. The photography, the context.

You can do the same writing songs, poems, lyrics, whatever man... it's art making life more lively.
    Yeah I did appreciate the lighting, cinematography and set design in that shot. Really well done. I see your point about simplicity becoming art. What struck me about that scene was the relative juxtaposition of the dog and the can of dog food foiling the Manson family’s vs the relative domesticity of them in that scene. I think casting Brad Pitt in that role was brilliant.