Thread: My '06 Custom Shop Robin Trower Strat

My '06 Custom Shop Robin Trower Strat

Due to popular demand (ch willie asked), I'm posting some photos and brief verbiage of my Fender Custom Shop Robin Trower Signature Stratocaster. One wrinkle with this particular guitar is that it is actually autographed by Robin!

Back notes: I still recall vividly listening to the Robin Trower Live! album when I heard the news that John Lennon had been killed. I'd been a fan of Trower's since he departed Procol Harum, and remain so to this day. Thus, when I had a chance to snag a personally autographed copy of his Stratocaster, I didn't hesitate to plunk down the dough. It's complete with all the case candy, COA, trem bar and straight plug-in cable.
    Here are the specs from Fender's site. I've been asked about the neck; it's a "Large C" shape with a 9.5" radius. It's definitely "meatier" than the "Soft V" of my EC Strat, or the "Modern C" of my 2004 50th Anniversary Strat. Since I have small hands, this is particularly noticeable to me, although the guitar plays so smoothly that I hardly notice. It has abalone inlays and the large headstock that Robin likes.

Trower autographed this guitar on the reverse side of the headstock, just above the factory-placed imprint of his signature. The guitar is available in only two colors: This Midnight Wine Burst, or Arctic White.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: My '06 Custom Shop Robin Trower Strat

Classy!!!!

I love it, Fred. It's a fine Strat, and if they made a lefty. I'd be tempted to sell the neighbor's car while he sleeps.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Go ahead and do it anyway. Bill. You know you want to.
    Striving to be ordinary

Since you guys (notice how I blameshift?) enticed me into taking new photographs of my Trower Strat, I thought I would take its "official portrait."

Striving to be ordinary

It's purty purty purty
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Midnight Wine..... love the deep red colour.