Thread: The Early Morning Sunday Thread For The End of February

The Early Morning Sunday Thread For The End of February

After a delightful evening at my daughter's -- where I was asked to bring my guitar! -- I found myself awake all of a sudden at 3:30 a.m. I figured a little reading might put me back to bed, but no go. So I emptied the dryer, checked the hygrometer I'm attempting to calibrate, double-checked the lead lines of Clapton's After Midnight, and am generally putzing around the house. Well, it's Sunday, and I have nothing special lined up for the day, so I might as well get my chores done early so I can rack out on the sofa this afternoon.

It will probably interest no one that I spent Friday night and most of yesterday attending something called the Future Church Summit. Church groups from all over the country, and of various Christian denominations did a Zoom meeting with an eye toward where churches are today, in the world of pandemic and changed ways of gathering. Okay, it was the lure of free food that roped me in, but still, I found it quite interesting. But today's focus is going to be mostly human for this being.

So, enjoy the burgeoning Spring. Except you, Sérgio, as I gather your season is moving into Autumn. Still, a lovely time of the year no matter what hemisphere you inhabit!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Early Morning Sunday Thread For The End of February

Unless I'm lying to myself, I'm going to finish up my Strat project and see how rock I can roll.

Online dating report: The first lady didn't work out. She's a nice person, but she believes we knew each other in a former life and that our relationship would lead to some horror. Either she believed it or it was a wonderfully creative way to get rid of me--I'd like to think that was her way of rejecting me because that would mean she's a brilliant, post-modern artist. She said she'd like to remain friends, and that's what I want too.

I'm almost 59, and a woman I've started chatting with is 62. I wrote my best bud, and said, "Man, it almost feels perverted to date a woman our age". We laughed because after dating younger women, we are just not used to it. I've said on these pages that I only want to date someone my own age. It is so STRANGE to think that a woman in her late 50s or early 60s is the right age for a partner. Women are attractive at our age too--I really like women who let their hair grow gray and are confident about it. I'm sure as hell not going to dye my hair or get Botox, and whoever becomes my partner has the right to age naturally too. I'd give up on all of this, but I really miss having a partner for companionship, somebody to travel and talk with, share experiences and interests. And then, sometimes you need someone else's point of view on things. Often, I'll have to make a decision, big or small, and I think about how nice it would be to have someone to throw in their 2 cents.

I'm embarrassed about using a dating site. My kids say not to feel ashamed because this is just the way people meet now. But it reminds me of the mail order brides of the 60s and 70s. After the first two experiences, I don't really think I'll find a partner this way, but my subscription runs til the summer.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I'm embarrassed about using a dating site. My kids say not to feel ashamed because this is just the way people meet now. But it reminds me of the mail order brides of the 60s and 70s. After the first two experiences, I don't really think I'll find a partner this way, but my subscription runs til the summer.
    You know, I never believed in on-line dating services, but a good friend met his wife using one of those services and they have been happily married for around ten years now. After being married for 30+ years the thought of entering back into the dating game would be a massive bummer for me.

After a couple of weeks of sub-zero temperatures we have enjoyed the last week with sunny 40+ degree days and the snowcap is rapidly disappearing here behind the cheddar curtain. I can feel spring is just around the corner...yippee!

Morning’ lads. Working on my first java of the day. Hopefully there will be no snowblowing to do today...three times this week was enough! It’s nice and white out there today, though. Could it really only be a few more weeks before I can pull the motorcycle out and ride?

I have no plans today. Which means I will get myself involved in a project I haven’t even conceived of yet!

I will, however, be spending some time playing my newly rebuilt Tele. Need to tweak the action and intonation a bit more to get it just right. I eventually found the right sized hex key that I was searching for yesterday. Pics in the “white Tele” thread.

Like @Laker, I don’t know what I’d do if I found myself single again. My first inclination would be to get a dog and stay as far away from relationships as possible. I say that now, but who knows. I havent had much time being single since I was 19 or so.

Forum Member

Should be 60's today, and they finally opened the range! I'm looking forward to having some fun, so is my granddaughter!

yow, end of February. Finally. I often call it the cruelest month because it would taunt with mild days and then break off the bottom of the thermometer. Didn't see that much variation this year. March can be our snowiest month but it won't last long when it does snow, even more so for April. Apartment living spares me from having to deal with the late season neutron star core material precipitation.

nothing planned today but I'm thinking it's time for a good cleaning, something I've done almost none of for the last 3 months. Bachelor living has its benefits and pitfalls. I actually had a start on cleaning this week when i knocked over a cup of coffee onto my deskpad calendar and computer stuff. I have a backup deskpad calendar (I always buy 2) but usually I spill water not coffee and this was a little early in the year. At least the coffee stayed on the desk and not onto the carpet.

The only question is, do I play before cleaning or after?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    The only question is, do I play before cleaning or after?
    Both!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Howdy... I'm getting up the energy to glove up, mask up and visit the grocery store. Need stuff for the week. Should have started earlier, but I got into a game of Age of Empires and that killed some time. Rain on and off all weekend - a lot of snow disappeared, but we are supposed to get a quick shoot of real cold weather again this week, so Winter still has a way to go.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I think February is Ok as far as months go. It’s still winter, it’s a short month despite no long weekends (in Canada).

Now, March is a different story. I called it the “Month of Slush”. We have bright white snow cover right now that will melt away and show all the road salt/grit and dog shit that’s accumulated, the peak being the point at which the snow cover transitions from a solid to a liquid and then to vapor. By far the ugliest month around here. And that’s despite it having both March Break and my birthday. I hate March. I’d be happy to fast forward right to April.

So, I spent most of my day analyzing why some tracks recorded in FLAC format sounded better than when I converted them to WAV. Should not have made a difference, but I can hear it. Did all sorts of spectral analysis and null tests. All that showed me was a set of sonic differences that DO exist, objectively, supporting the differences that I could hear. Unfortunately does not explain “why” and what I might do to fix or avoid the problem all together.