Thread: It's too early in the morning ...

It's too early in the morning ...

but I think I have adulted already today. My humidifier has a digital display for the %, fan speed and an indicator to change the filter. That last one was flashing this morning. Exactly 30 days after I started running the machine. How do it know??

It was actually a good call, because the filters were fairly grody. This machine uses 4 smaller filters rather than one big huge framed box filter the old machines used. Way easier to change.

I hope I don't need to say which is the old filter

I also reported two spammers and updated the phone number & address on my grocery store rewards card. Now I'm about to go to the dump and get a sticker for my car. Woot. On a roll today.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: It's too early in the morning ...

Those wicks/filters get nasty! There's a chemical that you can use to make them last longer, but then I wonder what I'm breathing! That reminds me, I need to see if I have a spare wick or should buy a couple. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    but I think I have adulted already today. My humidifier has a digital display for the %, fan speed and an indicator to change the filter. That last one was flashing this morning. Exactly 30 days after I started running the machine. How do it know??

It was actually a good call, because the filters were fairly grody. This machine uses 4 smaller filters rather than one big huge framed box filter the old machines used. Way easier to change.

I hope I don't need to say which is the old filter

I also reported two spammers and updated the phone number & address on my grocery store rewards card. Now I'm about to go to the dump and get a sticker for my car. Woot. On a roll today.
    Isn’t it amazing how modern electronics can “save yer bacon”? Every year for the last ten my thermostat lets me know when the furnace filter is in need of change or the April-aire filter is in need of change. If the electronics didn’t let me know I’d probably forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Those wicks/filters get nasty! There's a chemical that you can use to make them last longer, but then I wonder what I'm breathing! That reminds me, I need to see if I have a spare wick or should buy a couple. Thanks!
    I'll take my chances with the chemical. The first year I ran a humidifier, I ran it the whole season on plain water. Didn't change the filter. Depended on rainy days to get above 20%.

The filter had advanced lifeforms that evolved out of the pink, green and purple ... whatever that grew on the filter. The next season I started using the chemicals. Now it just turns that crusty brown and strictly primitive organisms. i still hear the screams of the denizens of that first filter "Oh, no, it's as the prophets foretold, germaggedon. Alas, woe. gnash of teeth." Then silence, as if a billion voices cried out in horror and then vanished.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Those filters do get nasty.... The ones on my humidifier last longer if you flip them once in a while.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

It's dry where I live, but we do have a humidifier on the piano. A cousin of my wife gave her mom the piano when his mom died, and now we have it. No filters, but I add distilled water when the lamp starts flashing. It must work, her previous piano would need tuning every few years, I noticed the other day only a few of the very high keys seem off.