Thread: Fender Rumble 25 no power

Forum Member

Fender Rumble 25 no power

My Fender Rumble suddenly lost all power. I checked the power cord and both switches and they are okay, so it must be something after the switches, None of the test points read any Voltage at all. Where should I check on the PCB? Are there any resistors or caps to check that might have blown or gone bad?

Forum Member

Re: Fender Rumble 25 no power

I found what the problem is, a blown resistor on the bottom of the power PCB board. It is marked as R309 but I don't know how to replace it. I think it destroyed the trace, so I don't know if it's fixable. Anyone have any ideas?

at least it is still in production, you might be able to get another board for it. how much that will cost, I have zero idea.

did it at least sound great before it blew up, as amps are supposed to do?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

Sounded great for a 25 watt amp. I sold it to a guy who said I sold him a bad amp and he's lying. I played it before he came to pick it up and he returned it with a blown SMD resistor R309, which is a flat soldered to the board resistor. which doesn't just happen out of thin air. I can't find a schematic for the 2010 Fender Rumble 25 and I don't know what version it is. It says Type PR2463, which I can't find. There seems to be no data sheet for the numbered test points either. Would Fender support have that stuff? The blown resistor ruined the traces. Any help appreciated, although it's not really worth it.

Time to get out the soldering iron. You may need to cut and jump if the trace is damaged.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim