Thread: Yamaha acoustic, after sitting in its case for over a year untouched

Yamaha acoustic, after sitting in its case for over a year untouched

I packed my Yamaha back in January 2020 for our move the next month. Before I unpacked it, the realization that our apartment was afflicted with gossamer thin walls and I'd surely be heard by one and all. This Yammy is a cannon. It was unpacked but never opened. Our apartment was naturally humid and I had Daddario's humidifier system in there.

By late October into November, we watched the humidity in the apartment sink and sink. By the time I got Covid, we were routinely seen low teens, even 11%. I was too weakened by illness to dig out the machine from storage. Finally late in January we started it up. Been a good 35% plus since then through the whole apartment.

I was taking pictures of all my guitars one by one in their new home, on the living room couch. I never did this at the old house as it would have required many trips up and down the stairs ... and the fact that my guitar stable almost doubled from 8 to 14 since I moved here. Two of those are still in parts but I feel I should count them.

Still, I had not opened the acoustic guitar's case until today. I half expected to see the top cracked, or bowed or worse. The freaking thing not only was perfectly fine, it was still in tune.

"Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Yamaha acoustic, after sitting in its case for over a year untouched

That's a nice looking instrument. What model is that?

Re: Yamaha acoustic, after sitting in its case for over a year untouched

it is an LS6 in torrified sitka(?), spruce(?). That's not stained. I may say to heck with the neighbors and start playing it anyway. They're a bunch of noisy inconsiderate jerks so I might as well return the favor.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"