Thread: Almost a month later, update on NGD CV70 2.0

Almost a month later, update on NGD CV70 2.0

we are not far at all from the last week of February, it's been almost a month since the arrival of CV70 2.0 I've alluded to this guitar in a thread or two.

I've filed the fret ends, polished the frets, gave the guitar a set up. I may still have to work on the nut slots. I finally received the neck rest from the event horizon of the forwarding black hole of USPS. Now I've got to check the intonation again and see if there's room to do any filing on the nut and still maintain proper string height. I have one blank nut and I'm not in that much of a hurry to do my first nut replacement on a guitar that's working at the moment.

I also got my Raw Vintage springs in and plan to float the bridge plate, which came decked from the factory. I probably won't upgrade the trem block, mostly because I don't know if there could be compatibility issues. That is not uncommon with Indonesian hardware in my experience. I'd probably replace the whole bridge plate and trem block with an upgrade like a Callahan. Again, it ain't broke, ain't in a hurry to replace it.

So far, what a difference that some TLC and elbow grease makes. Somewhere is a bottle of Meguiers polish that would put these frets over the top. Even without that I'm really enjoying the improvement. The 'chewing on foil' of the factory fret job is gone. If I had to describe the profile, I'd say medium C, slightly on the small side but really comfortable.

It has a poplar body but I can discern little difference from an alder or ash, to tell the truth. It's nice and loud acoustically and has that classic Strat spank. Not a bad thing at all. It weighs about 1 pound 5 ounces less than my CV50 tele and has the classic strat ergonomics of the contoured body. If I were still into watching TV it would be a perfect couch guitar.

At this time, I have no plans to change the electronics. I have at least a half dozen guitars that I still haven't heard through a real amplifier yet. I need to start hanging out at my local GC and get to know the staff again, then start bringing in my guitars to play there, LOL.

I took pictures but Imgur is having a bad hair day. I'll have to post them later.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Almost a month later, update on NGD CV70 2.0

finally, they got the conditioner out of their hair and all is well in the universe. Unless they're about to use glue spray to set it

That's a fine looking guitar, Dan. Happy playing.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

That looks great! Is it an opaque finish?

Looks very nice, Dan! I like the color. The neck looks dark for maple. What is it?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

the finish is opaque, I think it's supposed to look like a white guitar that's turned to cream. The neck is maple with a fairly dark tint. I'm going to do a shoot out with the CV50 strat I have. This will be fun, they're both really nice playing guitars.