Thread: Fender Mustang Bass hard case

Forum Member

Fender Mustang Bass hard case

Looking for a reasonably priced hard case for a Fender Mustang Bass. As far as I can tell, the Fender case is backordered until the end of April. Rondo Music sells a Douglas case, but as far as I can tell, it is very poorly constructed and the reviews of it reflect the construction. Any other hard case out there for this bass?

Re: Fender Mustang Bass hard case

Quote Originally Posted by HP246 View Post
    Looking for a reasonably priced hard case for a Fender Mustang Bass. As far as I can tell, the Fender case is backordered until the end of April. Rondo Music sells a Douglas case, but as far as I can tell, it is very poorly constructed and the reviews of it reflect the construction. Any other hard case out there for this bass?
    would a gigbag work?
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender/...e.rr1|clickCP2
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    I would really prefer a hard case.

I would really prefer a hard case.
    Well a nice gigbag might get you through for most anything until a hardcase becomes available.
    I have a couple of decent gigbags, but on most gigs, regardless of the bass, I use my mono gigbag. My hardcases don't get a lot of use.
    This last year not counted, I take them out on about 40-50 band gigs and 40-50 jams that I run a year.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    Well a nice gigbag might get you through for most anything until a hardcase becomes available.
    I have a couple of decent gigbags, but on most gigs, regardless of the bass, I use my mono gigbag. My hardcases don't get a lot of use.
    This last year not counted, I take them out on about 40-50 band gigs and 40-50 jams that I run a year.
    I have a gig bag I could use in a pinch, but sometimes it winds up in the back of my pickup truck and I'd rather have a hard case than a soft gig bag.

I have a gig bag I could use in a pinch, but sometimes it winds up in the back of my pickup truck and I'd rather have a hard case than a soft gig bag.
    I think I'd make my passengers ride in the back of a pickup truck before I let my guitar(s) go there.

There's one on reverb for 159.99. Depends on what your definition of reasonably priced is but it's the only one at that price, the rest are 199.99

https://reverb.com/item/20201414-fen...g-or-duo-sonic

they have 2 in stock
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I found someone recommending this gig bag for a Mustang bass.

The hard case for my Lakland (purchased 1999) has never been used. It has spent its life in a gig bag with me playing a six state area up to five nights a week and there is not a mark/scratch/ding on my bass. A quality gig bag will offer the same protection as a hard case and (for me) is much handier to use.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...SABEgJ8cPD_BwE

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I think I'd make my passengers ride in the back of a pickup truck before I let my guitar(s) go there.

There's one on reverb for 159.99. Depends on what your definition of reasonably priced is but it's the only one at that price, the rest are 199.99

they have 2 in stock
    I'll check when they open, but I think it's a guitar case, not a base case. In response to the passenger. My passenger is particularly important to me. She's taken care of me for 38 years. Lets me imbibe in my hobbies and sports. I try to keep her happy.

Forum Member

they have 2 in stock
    Thank you for the lead, but as I suspected it is for a 6 string.

sorry about that, could have sworn I saw the word bass in there
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

sorry about that, could have sworn I saw the word bass in there
    No worries. I appreciated the lead.

Forum Member

Just in case anyone searches this thread asking the same question, I ordered a Gator GC-ELEC-XL case. The Mustang just barely fits. The headstock contacts about 1/2 inch of foam, but it does fits. I tried adding a photo, but the file was too large and I couldn't add it.

I'm glad you found a case for it. With as much interest as there is with Mustang basses now, I'm surprised Fender isn't making dough off after-market cases.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison