Thread: Will import tones functionality ever be added on LT25?

Forum Member

Will import tones functionality ever be added on LT25?

I'm looking for a small modeling amp (12" or less) that has an LCD screen or at least Bluetooth capabilities. The LT25 seems like the perfect amp if it weren't for the fact that fender disabled the ability to download all these great community preset tones and have no mid control on the EQ.
    The amp is compatible with the fender software so it seems like it would easily have the ability to do these things.
    The gtx50 is a little big but seems perfect functionality wise...it's just too expensive. The katana mkii 50 seems like a great amp, but the controls on it are inefficient compared to the fender modeling amps...bc of the lcd screens.
    Do you think fender would ever add this functionality to the LT25?

Re: Will import tones functionality ever be added on LT25?

While I've not seen any amps that have an LED panel on them (like cars have NAV systems these days), I do have a nifty Line6 AMPLIFi 30 amp that is Bluetooth-enabled, and I can access it and modify settings through a (free) phone/tablet app.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Forum Member

Thanks, I'll check it out. It seems to be a much older amp. Are the tones and modeling effects as good as the newer ones like the LT25 and the katana mk2?

Quote Originally Posted by zepking View Post
    Thanks, I'll check it out. It seems to be a much older amp. Are the tones and modeling effects as good as the newer ones like the LT25 and the katana mk2?
    I don't know about it being "much older." I bought mine new about two years ago. In fact, there's a mint condition AMPLIFi 30 on Reverb right now! One of the beauties is that the tones and effects are added by a community of users, much like the old Fender Fuse, so if you want a particular sound, you go online in the app, find what you're looking for and download the settings to the amp. For example, I just searched for "Trower" and immediately got 29 different setting choices. Select one, send it to the amp (via Bluetooth) and I'm good to go. I can save it on the amp as a preset, too.

It really is very similar to the larger Fender modeling amps (I have two: a Mustand II v2 and a Champion 40), except much smaller. And it's a 30W amp that packs quite a punch!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!