Thread: Lefties of TFF UNITE!

Lefties of TFF UNITE!

I expect that the number is 1, me. But we do have lurkers.

Are any of you lurkers southpawers?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Lefties of TFF UNITE!

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I expect that the number is 1, me. But we do have lurkers.

Are any of you lurkers southpawers?
    I shoot left with a hockey stick, swing left with a golf club and baseball bat. Otherwise right handed.

I'm actually a lefty, but I play guitar and shoot righty.

I fish lefty, too!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I'm very ambidextrous but I learned to write righty. People have seen me working with tools, paint brushes etc and thought I was lefty. I was on a ladder hanging a banner with a power driver and started on the left side worked my way across and then switched to my right hand to keep going. The guy spotting me from below goes "Wait, you're right handed, too?"
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I play hockey lefty, but that's it. I'm surprised how common that has become.

My son is a lefty too, but he had a teacher who forced him to use his right hand. We weren't really aware of it because he used his left at home. So now, he's lefty, but he writes right handed. Still plays soccer with his left foot. His kindergarten teacher was from "the old country" of Poland, and she believed lefties were, well, sinister. Yes, even now there are people who believe that bullshit.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    My son is a lefty too, but he had a teacher who forced him to use his right hand. We weren't really aware of it because he used his left at home. So now, he's lefty, but he writes right handed. Still plays soccer with his left foot. His kindergarten teacher was from "the old country" of Poland, and she believed lefties were, well, sinister. Yes, even now there are people who believe that bullshit.
    Sinister literally means left-handed, as opposed to dexterous. So if you are left-handed, you are indeed sinister.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

in karate, the left hand represents wisdom of the dragon, the right hand the might of the tiger. In the dojo, when you step out into your ready stance, you cover your right fist with your left hand, representing using wisdom to keep your power in check.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I write left-handed. I also eat left-handed, but that may be because I learned how in Europe, where the fork is used in the left hand, not switched over, as they do it in the States. I pretty much do everything right-handed (throw, play guitar, etc.) but there are times when I'm ambidextrous (using a knife, for example).
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Sinister literally means left-handed, as opposed to dexterous. So if you are left-handed, you are indeed sinister.
    Yes, I knew that....you can't be left hander without learning that somewhere along the way.

Comes from Italian/Latin: Sinistra. My first wife was Italian. I think she thought I was sinister.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I play left handed...and love it.

Hey, Grimmy.

Good to see another lefty here.