Thread: comparisons

Forum Member

comparisons

has anyone ever compared the newer player series strats to the newer version Jimmie Vaughn Tex-Mex?

Re: comparisons

I searched YouTube for a video of comparison. No luck, but there are separate demonstration videos on YouTube. You'll get an idea of the differences that way if you watch several videos of each model you're interested in.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

The Tex-Mex pickups in the JV Signature Strat are voiced significantly different from those used in the Player series -- a bit grittier and higher output. The Player series guitars feature modern appointments such as a 22-fret neck and 2-point tremolo system while the JV pretty much adheres to Leo's original design. Both instruments use a 9.5" radius maple fretboard with medium jumbo frets. You'll find a wider selection of colors with the Player line while the JV is currently only available in white (years ago, Candy Apple Red and 2TSB were also cataloged). The choice remains yours.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

Banned bot, beep beep.
    Last edited by pc; 02-05-2021 at 05:11 PM.

oh wow, another weird intro post. The uprising of the machines must be at hand.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by nemoko View Post
    All the faces in the world are mirrors. What kind of reflections do you see in the faces of the people you meet?
    voip phone
    ...Rosebud...
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    ...Rosebud...
    *croaks*

Quote Originally Posted by nemoko View Post
    All the faces in the world are mirrors. What kind of reflections do you see in the faces of the people you meet?
    voip phone
    I wonder if this (and the previous nonsense post) weren't "test bombs." I've heard of crackers using this sort of "initial sortie" to see how easy it is to gain access to a site. Ken and PC, and other mods/admins, you might want to be on the lookout - more than you already are, that is.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I wonder if this (and the previous nonsense post) weren't "test bombs." I've heard of crackers using this sort of "initial sortie" to see how easy it is to gain access to a site. Ken and PC, and other mods/admins, you might want to be on the lookout - more than you already are, that is.
    I'm banning the ones you see, and a couple you haven't. They're all pouring in with outlook(dot)com email addresses this time. They're posting bizarre links too, but, their automation is causing them to color the links black, which makes them almost impossible to see on the black TFF window background. Kinda funny, really.

Last time it happened, Admin had to change the join-up process to individual approval. That keeps out the bots, but makes it really hard for new (real) people to join and participate quickly.

I'll keep snagging them as I see them. Feel free to click the report button too, which sends an email to Cogs and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    *croaks*
    . Haha

Quote Originally Posted by pc View Post
    I'm banning the ones you see, and a couple you haven't. They're all pouring in with outlook(dot)com email addresses this time. They're posting bizarre links too, but, their automation is causing them to color the links black, which makes them almost impossible to see on the black TFF window background. Kinda funny, really.

Last time it happened, Admin had to change the join-up process to individual approval. That keeps out the bots, but makes it really hard for new (real) people to join and participate quickly.

I'll keep snagging them as I see them. Feel free to click the report button too, which sends an email to Cogs and me.
    ok, will do the report button.

Thanks, PC and Cogs. Keep up the good work.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!