Thread: Favorite/cool t-shirt? Ok, silly thread

Favorite/cool t-shirt? Ok, silly thread

But the one I just read elsewhere has some pretty cool and funny ones.

Mine is actually a Fender prop gray tee with red spaghetti logo and I also like a beat up Rolling Stones Zip Code tour white one I wear at home. I gotta load the car to take my usual 90 mile drive to rehearsals but will post pics when I can.

I'm also a fan of tie dye stuff. I might show some of mine.

Re: Favorite/cool t-shirt? Ok, silly thread

dude, you're going to rehearsal? As in like playing with other people? In the same building or maybe even the same room? Freaking awesome !!

all my favorite tee shirts are long since gone. Many of them were from local or regional bands. I have not gone out so much in the last 20 years so the incoming shirts to replace the worn out ones didn't happen anymore. That and I didn't have enough money to buy as frequently as I used to when I was working.

I was gifted a few shirts but for some reason people keeping giving me mediums which are too small for me. They fit but feel really restrictive.

I tend to wear tee shirts 365 days a year, with long sleeve tee shirts in the cold weather (best damn clothing change I ever made). Now they're all solid colors no patterns.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I probably have a couple of hundred Harley t-shirts after touring for the last 35 years on our Harleys and buying shirts when we’d stop somewhere. I do have one from an old Savannah, Illinois bike shop called Poopie’s where their motto was “Prices Cheaper Than Shit”. I think Poopies is a restaurant now.

The favorite music related “t” would be from the Slippery Noodle, a club I played in Indianapolis. Ya gotta love the name.

Last edited by Laker; 01-23-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    dude, you're going to rehearsal? As in like playing with other people? In the same building or maybe even the same room? Freaking awesome !!
    open air jam/rehearsal, with distancing, lots of alcohol (all kinds, hygiene and booze) and everyone but the singer wearing masks. We were lucky enough to find a nice place where we can do it.

This is one of mine:

I had a tee shirt from Muddy Water's restaurant in St Louis Landing that was probably my favorite. I wore that thing until it was gossamer thin. I reluctantly had to retire it about 20 years ago. It could not take one more washing or it would have disintegrated into a pile of lint. I saved it for a long time but when I was packing the house I finally let it go. A sad day indeed.

I have a tall torso and finding rock or novelty is almost impossible . On Amazon, I could get a Blues Brothers, ZZ Top, and friggin' Journey. I like ZZ Top and the Blues Brothers, but not enough to wear their t-shirts.

And they don't even make left handed t-shirts. fml
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

My t-shirt collection has gone through phases. Band t-shirts in high school (3/4 length concert tees being my fave). Dirt bike/motorcycle tees after that. Then mountain bike race event schwag tees for the longest time. My current collection is pretty sparse, but some of a military nature (related to my job), some music related (venue Ts - my latest is from the Stone Pony when I was doing some experimental work at Ft. Dix a while back). I want to stock my collection back up - got some motor sports vintage logo Ts on the way - Gulf, ELF, Valvoline, etc. That’s going to be my schtick for some videos I’m working on. Other than that, I have a healthy stock of plain black Ts to keep me going.

I still might go the plain black tee shirt route myself. But that won't be until the current batch wears out. I've bought a bunch over the last couple of years from Kohl's (Sonoma brand) and they seem to be holding up pretty well

I bought my latest batch of black tees when I was in London this time last year (just before Covid blew up). Bought a half dozen “thermal” black Ts from a Marks and Spencer’s outlet near Paddington Station. Best t-shirts ever for both hot and cold weather. Need to see if they’re available in Canada since it’ll be a while before I’m in the UK again if ever.

I've got a few that I like. My sister lives in Salem, MA and gave me a Bung Hole Liquors shirt a few years ago. That always gets a few comments. Bung Hole Liquors is a liquor store in Salem, MA.

I really like my green Alligator Records t-shirt. Their logo looks good on a shirt.

I don't have many band t-shirts; the ones I do have I purchased after goint to a show: Jeff Beck, Robin Trower, Little Feat, Iron Butterfly, and one I've never worn, autographed by the band members, Spirit. Having been a runner for 30 years, most of my t-shirts are from running events. I'm most proud of my multiple "Marine Corps Marathon finisher" shirts. I also tend to buy souvenir shirts from my travels, so I have shirts from all over the world. Maybe I have too many t-shirts, and that is why I don't have a favorite?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Forum Member

Beautiful T-shirts. I liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    I bought my latest batch of black tees when I was in London this time last year (just before Covid blew up). Bought a half dozen “thermal” black Ts from a Marks and Spencer’s outlet near Paddington Station. Best t-shirts ever for both hot and cold weather. Need to see if they’re available in Canada since it’ll be a while before I’m in the UK again if ever.
    One word, dirtdog: "Internet"
    Striving to be ordinary

Forum Member

Oh, I do have some. and they all are from different bands. I have some from Rammstein, ACDC, and one with Frank Zappa’s face. I am not sure it’s the original merch, but I still like them. They all are older than seven years, and they have already become a significant part of my style.
    I also have some more from https://www.juicewrldmerch.shop/ that I ordered just for fun. I like my clothes to represent my interests and tastes because it helps to show other people what kids of person I am right from the beginning. It might look silly, but I don’t care, honestly.
    Last edited by HorseCar; 09-16-2022 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseCar View Post
    Oh, I do have some. and they all are from different bands. I have some from Rammstein, ACDC, and one with Frank Zappa’s face. I am not sure it’s the original merch, but I still like them. They all are older than seven years, and they have already become a significant part of my style.
    welcome to the forum

I'll be wearing this one at today's show.

A 50th high school reunion, not expecting a lot of hotties there, lol!

"No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Years ago a guy named Mike Batlan, who was Springsteen's Gofer brought a bunch of Bruce Springsteen 1978 (I think) Tour Baseball style shirts to the Sam Goody where I worked for all us employees. We were in Monmouth Mall which was right next to Asbury Park, so Mike was always buying gear for their studio in our store (he would buy a couple cases of Maxell tape every week or two). I loved that shirt and wore it until it was practically transparent.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Like others, my T-shirt collection has gone through phases. |Certainly band shirts still have a place, but most of them have been retired after years of wear. I still go to shows, though not as often as i used to, but $40+ bucks for a tshirt seems outrageous to me.
    I've had tons of swag shirts from my days avoiding work by selling guitars.
    MOst of my collection now is either beer related or from various running / cycling events I've done. I do prefer the tech shirts from those, they're better for running or riding. Also i do have a few pop-culture, star wars and comic books and other funny ones that make appearances now and then.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Not my favorite, but my latest.

Striving to be ordinary

after the second move in 15 months, I threw out all my tee shirts that were not solid color unadorned. I may have saved a couple from my favorite local/regional band and from my friend's (now legendary) parties he had back in the '00s. I just didn't have enough closet space for them all. You can't overrate storage space, I had it really good at the old house. The apartment had more hanging space than this house. When I convert the two bedrooms back to the original single room they once were, I'm going to make an end wall be two full size closets side by side