Thread: Fender Stratocaster Elite (1983)

Fender Stratocaster Elite (1983)

I have only made one purchase from Elderly Instruments, but I was very pleased with the experience. Not a chain, Elderly has been in the musical instrument selling business for 48 years. I learned of them through a friend who is a semi-professional musician who bought her acoustic guitar through them. I digress.

I saw today that a new arrival is a 1983 Fender Stratocaster Elite. It's an attractive green alder body, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, and three Elite single coil pickups with push on/off buttons for each pickups, TBX and active boost controls, and a “Freeflyte” top load tremolo.

Elderly is asking US$2,000, including a newer 80’s Fender case. I don't have a green guitar, and this isn't Sea-Foam, but a green not identified. If the price were a little lower, I'd consider it... Condition = "Excellent-minus."

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Fender Stratocaster Elite (1983)

oh wow, i haven't seen one of these in many a long year. don't believe i ever got to try one. if that's their picture, the thing looks practically brand new

how much less would you be willing to pay? You can try to make an offer.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

You know, if I could land it for about $1,500, I think I'd do it.

Make an offer? Hmmm.

ETA: WHOOPS, too late! I just went to Elderly's site and saw: SOLD OUT
    Striving to be ordinary

oh, well, it happens. I wonder if the buyer paid the asking price, to me it was top dollar and I would have made an offer which if they didn't accept, I could live without it.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Yep. In fact, I'm focusing more on depleting the herd rather than adding to it!
    Striving to be ordinary

Elites are great guitars, no doubt, but I didn't think they were worth the extra dosh. I played a few gigs with a dude who had one. It sounded fantastic, but so did my AmStd with Lace Sensors. Not much difference in the quality of sound. The guy who had it was trying to get close to the 24 Nights Clapton tones, and he got them by running through a Soldano stack, but my geet got those tones too through that stack. If I'd wanted the specific appointments of the Elit, then sure, I'd have spilled the coin. They are beautiful instruments. Purely from a tone perspective...
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Since childhood, Mr. Lu Xun in his desk now on a "morning", this style started to affect the students of history, several generations of renewal and transformation, we have become on the desks of the "culture" A.
    search engine optimization

Quote Originally Posted by naoziy View Post
    Since childhood, Mr. Lu Xun in his desk now on a "morning", this style started to affect the students of history, several generations of renewal and transformation, we have become on the desks of the "culture" A.
    search engine optimization

I knew Mr. Lux Xun. Mr. Lux Xun was a friend of mine. Naoziy, you are no Mr. Lux Xun.

If the email address don't fit, you gotsta make him quit.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison