Thread: Hey ch willie - check this out...

Hey ch willie - check this out...

I just saw this and thought of you. Since Guild was a Fender company back when this guitar was built it is technically an "Other Fender". The New Hartford Guilds were the best made (IMOHO) and the D-55 is a killer guitar. My D-55 is the best sounding guitar plugged-in of any that I own. I don't think they made too many lefties. Probably going to be a bit expensive, but if you are looking for one of the best acoustics made - this would be it.

https://letstalkguild.com/ltg/index....handed.206098/
    as
    PS - don't know the guy - no connection with the seller just passing on information
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Hey ch willie - check this out...

Hey, Thanks. If I were in the market, I'd be pretty obsessed with it.

I've always wanted a Guild of some sort. I wouldn't mind one of their old basses.

This was the first one I can remember seeing:

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

two of my cousins lived right outside of there, both have had their Guild acoustics for nearly 50 years. I have no idea what models they are. We're not what I call a close family so I rarely got to see them, now with the pandemic who knows when.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I'd love to have a Guild acoustic. A guy I used to jam with had one and it was well built, sounded great and was fairly priced. My 2000 Blues 90 is an awesome guitar! Probably the best Les Paul style guitar I've played. Almost everything about it feels like it was custom made to my liking. The price was great, too!

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    two of my cousins lived right outside of there, both have had their Guild acoustics for nearly 50 years. I have no idea what models they are. We're not what I call a close family so I rarely got to see them, now with the pandemic who knows when.
    Some of the very best trout fishing in the country right off their loading dock. They have since restarted building American-made Ovations there. The whole thing started as Ovation and when Fender bought both companies they used the Ovation space to build both brands (as well as high-end Fender acoustics) - and they repaired a lot of Kramer guitars there, too. A really cool old time factory - just oozed mojo! I got the tour several times and they always impressed me with their high standards. Just standing in the "Wood Room" with pallets of different kinds of wood was really amazing.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I took huge advantage when Fender sold Guild to Cordoba. They blew out their existing inventory at crazy-low prices and I grabbed me a few.