Thread: Fender Readies New Lines For 2021

Fender Readies New Lines For 2021

This article on Reverb has photos and some specs on the new Fender guitars and an amp. Some interesting lines; the new Noventa series is a bit of a head-scratcher to me, but Fender seems to try to attract every kind of guitar player, so what do I know? The American Ultra Luxe has some pretty guitars, but they are on the pricier end of the stack ( > $2,000). My favorite is the 75th Anniversary models, not priced quite as high, but still might cause one to hesitate before reaching into the wallet. This could be an interesting year for Fender.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Fender Readies New Lines For 2021

The last new Fender stuff I purchased was in 1965, my Precision bass and my Dual Showman. For a bass player, Fender stopped producing quality amplification with the Dual Shoman (IMHO). I switched to rack systems where I tried/used several preamps and, after Carver amps, went to Crown amps. Fender just never pursued a quality bass amp to match the electric bass Leo created once music had progressed beyond the Showman.

I don’t really like guitar companies changing everything every other year. I admire Rickenbacker’s policies.

IMHO the only Fender modern series that was really solid, consistent and remarkable was the American Standard.

YMMV

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Fender just never pursued a quality bass amp to match the electric bass Leo created once music had progressed beyond the Showman.
    Leo's amps were fine, it was the speaker enclosures that they mated to that didn't cut it.

Some of the best bass rigs I ever heard were Dual Showman's wired to Sunn 190B and 200S cabs loaded with D140F's. The folded-horn design was tailor-made for Fender's 4 x 6L6GC platform.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

I like that Noventa line Tele with the P90 in the bridge position. That turns my crank. But then so does an LP Junior.

I’ve been considering a kit guitar build for awhile now. That Tele configuration is a contender!

i like some of the new finishes but I couldn't tell you which models they were on.

But I'm really warming up to that Pro Reverb, 40 watts, 6L6s and I've never had my own amp with those tubes but I know I love them. And less than 35 pounds. Real reverb, real tremolo. I hope we get more than just two of them sent to NH. Like the '57 lo power tweed twin.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"