Thread: Jackson's New (Ric?) Basses

Jackson's New (Ric?) Basses

We were discussing fake Rics lately in one of Sergio's threads.

This is interesting. I don't know if there's anything Ric-ish about them other than looks.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Jackson's New (Ric?) Basses

That’s the first thing I thought of when I saw the red blue and green models with the P pickup. Total Ric vibe.

I don't know about the two non-Ric looking basses.

I like the vibe of the Ric-ish basses, but I imagine there'll be newbies who think they'll get the Ric sound for an affordable price. I don't mind the "copy" part, except for the potentiality that someone will spend their hard-earned savings on a bass that's just not going to get what they want if they want a Ric.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Dude, Jackson ripped off RIC completely on those! Those are probably very good basses, but I smell a lawsuit, as AFAIK Rick seeks and destroys this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Dude, Jackson ripped off RIC completely on those! Those are probably very good basses, but I smell a lawsuit, as AFAIK Rick seeks and destroys this kind of thing.
    You'd think so, but as far as I know, Dillion is still making their total copies. I've heard they're awful instruments.

I hope the Jacksons are good quality in case a newbie snags one--a good bass might help to salve the disappointment they'll get if expecting it to sound like a Ric.