Thread: Fender Twin Reverb Tone Master-Speaker Swap

Forum Member

Fender Twin Reverb Tone Master-Speaker Swap

I just needed to share this with the forum. About a year ago I bought a new Fender Twin Reverb Tone Master amp with Jensen the speakers in it. Something never sounded quite right to me not matter what I did, especially my pedals. Speakers were always kind of flubby and boomy. I have owned lots of tube amps and something was missing with this amp. Yesterday I bought a new Fender Rod Deluxe IV 1x12 with a Celestion Type A speaker in it. That was the sound I was looking for. They were on sale and Fender has upgraded a lot in this amp since the originals. This morning I got my jumper wires out, disconnected the speakers in both amps and hooked up the Type A speaker to the Twin and bingo! It brought it to life! To each his own for sound, I know, but if you are looking for a little more brightness out of your Twin Tone Master, this will do it. I am going to swap out both the Jensens with Celestion Type A's next week. Pedals, clean, everything instantly sounded better to me. Fender has been using the Type A in a lot of their amps lately and that's what made me think to try this. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Re: Fender Twin Reverb Tone Master-Speaker Swap

Quote Originally Posted by ampaholic View Post
    I just needed to share this with the forum. About a year ago I bought a new Fender Twin Reverb Tone Master amp with Jensen the speakers in it. Something never sounded quite right to me not matter what I did, especially my pedals. Speakers were always kind of flubby and boomy. I have owned lots of tube amps and something was missing with this amp. Yesterday I bought a new Fender Rod Deluxe IV 1x12 with a Celestion Type A speaker in it. That was the sound I was looking for. They were on sale and Fender has upgraded a lot in this amp since the originals. This morning I got my jumper wires out, disconnected the speakers in both amps and hooked up the Type A speaker to the Twin and bingo! It brought it to life! To each his own for sound, I know, but if you are looking for a little more brightness out of your Twin Tone Master, this will do it. I am going to swap out both the Jensens with Celestion Type A's next week. Pedals, clean, everything instantly sounded better to me. Fender has been using the Type A in a lot of their amps lately and that's what made me think to try this. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!
    If it works for you, why not? Celestion As are great speakers.

There are Celestion people and Jensen people, it's a matter of taste, I think.